Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The most beautiful sound in the world

Scott and I put Ada to bed over an hour ago, and she has spent that entire hour talking and laughing and crying and whatever else she could think of to get us to come up to her room and rescue her from having to go to sleep.

Well, just a few minutes ago, we were sitting here, and we heard her say something over the monitor. She kept getting louder and louder, I suppose to make sure we heard her, and this is what she said, "Mommy (in a sing-song voice), I love you." Well, by the time she had repeated that several times, I couldn't help but fly up those stairs to say, "I love you too, my precious girl."

We hugged and snuggled and said I love you a few more times, and now she is sleeping soundly. What an undeserving gift it is to be someone's mother.

7 comments:

Suehaad said...

i'm reveling with you in your beautiful motherhood moment.

Jenny said...

Oh, I just loved this story! I can't wait for my son to say he loves me, I'm sure it will start the waterworks!

What a precious little child!

Amanda said...

So sweet!

The Slagleys said...

Aren't those moments amazing?! Sometimes, i will be feeling sorry for myself or just completely overwhelmed and a little smile from Blake or an "I love you" from Kate just turns it all around. I tear up on a regular basis thinking just how blessed I am to be a mom to these kids!

rhodes1 said...

Seriously good story, can't wait to see ya'll on Saturday!

laura.murphree said...

How sweet. What a blessing!

Rachel said...

Oh I can't wait! I just CAN'T wait.. I would have been running up those stairs too!