Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter!

Upon the cross of Jesus, mine eye at times can see
The very dying form of One who suffered there for me;
And from my stricken heart with tears two wonders I confess
The wonders of redeeming love and my unworthiness.

I take, O Cross, thy shadow for my abiding place;
I ask no other sunshine than the sunshine of His face;
Content to let the world go by, to know no gain or loss,
My sinful self my only shame, my glory, all the cross

Happy Easter!!!

 side note:  you can't tell b/c of my phone's camera, but John's shorts are seer sucker, not checked ;)





He will swallow up death forever;
and the Lord God will wipe away tears from all faces,
and the reproach of his people he will take away from all the earth,
for the Lord has spoken.

It will be said on that day,
Behold, this is our God; we have waited
for him, that he might save us.
This is the Lord; we have waited for
him;
let us be glad and rejoice in his salvation.

Isaiah 25:8-9

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What sweet pictures, I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!