I am back to list some more.
I am thankful for
1. summer time. We were burned out back in June when we declared that first grade was done, but now after plenty of staying up late to play outside, sleeping in, swimming in the pool and at the beach, and just plain lazing around, we are ready to get back to a schedule. I am thankful that God provides rest. Rest in Him and what he has done AND tangible rest.
2. our homeschool room. It is small, but it is also just right. It is the random little room in our old house that seems picked out just for our school room. The best part--so much natural light to keep our spirits high. No more packing up my school stuff off of the dining room table so that we can eat dinner every night. It feels like a luxury to have an entire room dedicated just to school.
3. summer produce. Berries and tomatoes and watermelon and peaches, and I could go on and on. An abundance.
4. sleeping Evie and crying Evie and an Evie who is attached to me ALL OF THE TIME. It is claustrophobic and draining, but it is also intoxicating to have this precious girl. We all love her so much, and she knows it ;) She has an adoring audience that always surrounds her.
5. .99 iced coffee. Just the thing to get me through a long, sleepy afternoon. And it is just around the corner from my house. On that note, we are eagerly waiting for the brand new chick-fil-a to open "just around the corner from my house." So, lots of little treats close by.
6. Today specifically, I am thankful for free kids meals for Ada and John--a library summer reading prize. We are going out tonight!!
I honestly could go on and on.
OH!! 7. I am thankful for supplements that my mom sent that I just started taking yesterday, and already I feel WAY more energized and my mood is much improved.
Again, I could go on and on and on... God has given in abundance.