Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sunday Night

hey everyone...

I know that I am neglecting this blog.  I always have great intentions to sit down and post something, but I just can't seem to get around to it.

My plate is rather full during this season of life.  If you will recall, back when Scott was delivering furniture and we weren't sure when another job would come along, I committed to several things in order to bring in a little extra cash.  Well...another job did come along, but I am still committed to all of those little jobs.  It makes my weeks a bit crazy.  I am still thankful for extra cash, especially as we begin to follow Dave Ramsey's get out of debt plan "to a T," but it doesn't leave much time for things like blogs.

All of that to say--that is where I have been.

In the mean time, what have we been up to?

I am still trying to get everything in the rental house organized.  You know how that goes...just when I feel like things are all in place, I realize there are two boxes in the corner that have yet to be unpacked or there are pictures still to be hung or...I could go on and on.  We have tackled quite a few things this weekend, but there is still more to do, and we are seriously lacking space in our cozy little rental. 

The homemaker, nurturer in me is ready to get things as settled as possible and then get this house correctly decorated for fall.  I did hang my fall wreath on the front door today, but I still need to get a few mums for the front steps, and then in October some, duh, duh, duh...pumpkins.  I love the yearly buying of pumpkins, don't you?  I am definitely thinking this year the Moores will be purchasing ours at a proper pumpkin patch since John is at a good age to enjoy things like that along with Ada.

Speaking of my John, we decided, very spur of the moment, to take our lunch to a local park after church today--you know, to add some excitement to our PB and Js.  (It's a little depressing when all you are eating for lunch after church is peanut butter sandwiches, so we had to "spice it up" a bit).  And my big boy John was just too cute sitting there at the picnic table like he was not a baby at all.  And of course we carried on, saying things like, "look at John," and "he is such a big boy," and he was loving it.






And, by the way, Scott and Ada were there too ;)
What else have we been doing?

Lots of play time with Hannah and Grant, as Ada and John are staying at Jessica's house while I tutor every Monday and Wednesday.  And Hannah and Grant played at our house this past Friday morning, while Jessica got her house ready for Hannah's fifth birthday party.  Ada is always thrilled to get in some play time with friends--and of course, in a matter of minutes both were properly attired for a good game of "princesses."



And then on Saturday, Ada was jumping up and down with excitement as she anticipated Hannah's big Dora party.  Jessica--you did such a great job.  It was a super cute and fun party, where all the kids went on an adventure just like Dora does.

And that is us, lately.  I really hope to get back to normal posting...we'll see, I guess...

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Those pictures are "painfully" cute! MOM

Aren't you so inspired this season, living where you live? I'm so glad you're there. Even if it is tight quarters - such a big yard and street and everything.

Mary Ann said...

The pictures are just way too cute. I adore John's outfit he's wearing at the park. Our Ada is growing up too fast.

Mary said...

so nice that both the church and park are nearby now, makes a spur of the moment picnic more "do-able" ! Fun....great pictures, too!