Friday, October 12, 2012

Just Rambling

Hello. 

It's Friday night, and Scott and I are doing our usual--absolutely chilling out on the couch.  Mindless television.  Diet coke.  This is the life, I tell you.

I don't really know what to blog about.  There are things happening in life, but for some reason, I have become more reluctant to blog every detail.  It gets shut up in my head, and I can't figure out how to get it out.  I used to be a bit more free here on my online space, and I feel like I'm closing up a bit.  I don't know why...anyway

The main things that are happening are the baby steps that will eventually lead us to the big giant step where we move away from here, away from this tiny little house that has turned out to be a refuge after two crazy, life shaking years, and move up to the "northside."  It's looming ahead of us, and it looks like I get to be emotional about it for the next half a year.  I know Scott is thrilled about this :)  Especially since Ada is emotional right along side me.  Such fun ;) 

I don't want to do these next months, to be honest with you.  I don't want to try to find another house, another church, pack up, say good-bye.  I don't want to deal with any of it. 

Maybe I will process a lot on this blog over the next six months.  That should be fun for everyone ;) 

I didn't even log on here with plans to blog about this; it's like my fingers on the keys have a mind of their own. 

In other, much more happy news, I, unexpectedly, got to go to the preview night of a consignment sell the other day--I was tagging along with friends who were actually consigning their stuff, and I got lots of Christmas shopping done--American Girl Books, the entire Chronicles of Narnia, Box Car Children, a Woody Costume for John, McQueen bedroom slippers, a wooden dessert set for Ada--it was great.  And I also snagged this beauty--that was my "big ticket item" at 10.00!!!

I was picturing loads and loads of smocked dresses, which wasn't really a realistic picture, but I was glad to at least walk away with one good deal on a smocked dress, especially since Ada needs Sunday dresses right now.

And let me close by saying this, (going back to the original subject) overall, big picture, I am excited about our move to Smyrna.  Scott's job is an answer to prayer that we prayed specifically for over a year.  It seems that God is very clearly moving us back to the Smyrna area.  I have no doubt that this is a good thing for our family, and I believe, from what I can see with my limited view point, that we will be able to settle there for a while, and I like the north side, I do.  I like Smyrna.  There was a time I mourned over leaving it behind.  I just don't want to do the transition years.  This one, when I know we are leaving, and the next one when we all have to adjust.  It's uncomfortable, and what can I say, I like comfortable.  But, at the end of the day, if you press me on the issue, I am excited about what the move means for our family.  I am excited about the big picture.  It's the millions of little details that overhwelm me.

2 comments:

Hank and Anna Uzzell said...

lb, I'll be right in it with you:) I think we're moving again this March. I know it is good for our family in the long run, but (like you) the details make me feel so tired!

Amber said...

My brother and sister-in-law live in Smyrna. I can't remember exactly where it is in relation to your old apartment.