Friday, December 14, 2012

Ada's Christmas Ballet Program

Of course, the thing on my mind tonight is the nightmare in Newtown.  The absolute nightmare.  It's one of those things that if I don't fight it, could create a whole lot of fear in my mind.  Make me want to take my kids and hide from this world--as if that is possible.  What I am attempting to do instead is to remember that God is sovereign and good and unshakable.  And he is going to redeem this world.  That is what we celebrate at Christmas.  That Jesus was sent to "ransom captive Israel."  And that the only even possible response is to share the gospel.  It's the only answer to any of it.  There is a Savior and a Redeemer.  And he can Redeem us, Redeem our depraved hearts from the sin that entangles. 

And I am just so thankful that Ada and John are safe and tucked into their beds tonight. 

On a much more happy note, and thankful note for my little Ada--who is in kindergarten, so of course that is where my imagination goes--but just so thankful for our normal, happy, night that we had last night at Ada's Christmas recital.  A mini-recital, really.  The real deal is at the end of the year. 

Ada was very, very nervous, so we were proud of her for getting up there and doing the dance anyway.  And, by the way, Ada's class danced to "Favorite Things" from The Sound of Music, hence "girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes."












(this was before the performance, and captures how she was feeling about the whole thing.  But she did it!!!  We videod the performance, so all pictures are of before it started.  Sorry there are so many, but you know how it goes)

2 comments:

Mary said...

So sweet! Glad she was courageous! :) I bet it was beautiful!

Mary said...

So sweet! Glad she was courageous! :) I bet it was beautiful!