Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday Night

Last night when I was on the phone with my mom, she observed that my blogging has slowed down quite a bit.

I'll be honest with you...I'm a bit cranky these days, and I am afraid it will show up on the blog;)

You can all pray for poor Scott and Ada, as I am guessing I am not the easiest person to live with right now. But hallelujah, third trimester starts on Wednesday, and I am taking this thing one day at a time. That's all you can do, right? And soon I will be staring into the face of a precious newborn.

In the mean time, what's on the agenda for this week and the weeks there after as we prepare for his arrival.

Remember my big plans to have everything done before Thanksgiving. Well, you can all laugh with me now. The good news is that all of John's furniture will be arriving next week, when Scott and his dad (I think his dad is coming) drive it to our house after we celebrate Thanksgiving with the Moores this coming weekend.

That means that this week, I must, must, must go through and throw away unused toys. Many of the toys are moving downstairs to what will one day be a dining room? Maybe? Who knows? Right now, the room holds my china cabinet (as I dream of one day actually using my china), my computer desk (where I am typing as we speak), and lots and lots of toys--a dollhouse, Ada's kitchen, and random other things. I moved everything upstairs to declutter downstairs, but then I realized it was much more practical to move it right back down. So there you have it. The makeshift office/play room. I may change my mind and move it all back upstairs to what is now deemed the junk room. We'll see.

In the mean time--PAINTING. It has to happen sometime between now and February. It makes me nearly panic just thinking about it. Scott promises it will get done, as he reminds me that there are only a few football weekends left. Ahhhhhh--I might scream.

Anyway, this week, I plan to deep clean because on Friday we all three travel out of town to begin Thanksgiving festivities. I will not return to Georgia until the following Friday, and then my house needs to be ready, as it will be time to "deck the halls." The practical part of me says that I should simply skip decorating this year, but I can't do it. I just can't. I love Christmas, and because Ada is old enough to get a thrill out of Christmas trees and lights and everything else, the nurturing thing is kicking in, and this house will be Christmasy. My mom never failed to make Christmas magical, and I will carry that on to my children. Ada is very into birthdays right now, so I think at some point we will celebrate Jesus' birthday with a cake and singing. I told her today that Jesus birthday was coming up, and she promptly began to sing "Happy Cake to Jesus--" her version of the Birthday Song. I am thinking that at two, that is the most she can relate to what is really happening at Christmas time--Jesus' birthday. I am sure we will read stories and such as well.

So, that's what is going on here. I don't mean to neglect the blog, but I also don't want to complain about things not worth complaining over, so some days I think it best to remain silent. Scott would most likely agree;) He has been very kind and gracious. Last night I told him that I couldn't understand why he and I don't get along lately, and he remained silent, never pointing out that the real culprit is me.

I will say this--I love being third trimester pregnant in the fall so much more than in the summer. Oh, that is the understatement of the century. I am not swollen; I am not sweating every second of every day; and I am not nearly as miserable as I could be!!! Thank you for a February baby!!!
And on that note, let third trimester begin...

2 comments:

Katie said...

so cute!

Rachel said...

AMEN Sister! Giving birth in July sucked royally :) You look super cute!