Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Few Tidbits

So, it's about a year later (exaggeration), and I still haven't told you about what is happening over at Scott's blog.  So here it is in summary.

Scott, along with 29 other bloggers, are trying to raise 30,000 dollars, "30 bloggers, 30 days, 30,000 dollars."  "Why?" you ask.  Because 20.00 gives one person 20 years of clean water.  Crazy, right?  If you head over to Scott's blog you can find out the details.  But, please, check it out, and consider donating!! 

No clean water. It quickly puts things into perspective.  These days I find myself fretting over the fact that our budget doesn't allow me to feed my family only grass fed beef and farm fresh eggs laid by pastured chickens, and then I think, but we have clean water.  We have clean water.

On a completely other note...I am in love with the munchkin mesh feeder.  (not the real name).  I am on a crusade to spread the word about this wonderful contraption.  It has saved my sanity, and I think will be my go-to baby gift from now on.  It goes with us everywhere.

John likes it too.  Here it is filled with cooked sweet potato.  He has also used it to eat banana, pear, avocado, and watermelon.  He loves it all.  I stick it in the fridge to make it really cold, and I think it feels good to his teething gums.  I don't have to make his baby food, he's doing it himself.  Self-sufficient; I like it.


And remember all that talk about turning the television off?  We're still watching.



Do you see John showing off his new sitting up skills?  He still hasn't conquered an official crawl, but he is giving it his all.  Any day now, any day.

2 comments:

Jess said...

I loved the mesh feeders! And the second pic of John says it all!

We will have to check out Scott's blog. What an awesome way to use his blog!

Your kiddos love each other so much. You can see how proud Ada is of her little bro!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I found your blog kinda randomly (via Scott; via the Blogess; via...nevermind) but I really like it! Ya'll have some super cute kids :). And I love the verbal processing during quiet times part...I feel the same way! Especially now that I do have a blog...I find myself in the middle of quiet time wanting to jump up and go blog because OH MY GOSH Psalm whichever would make such a great blog post!! And, I am also a huge Jerry Bridges fan. Have you read the Joy of Fearing God? Fantastic...