Monday, June 6, 2011
Thankful. #s 110-120.
Oh this season right now in the Moore household is an uncomfortable one. It pinches just a bit, financially, and we wish that God would reach down and just change that with one snap of his fingers. It seems, though, that he wants to keep us in the pinching place for a little bit longer.
Today I read this quote by C.S. Lewis, and it absolutely voiced my fears of late
We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be
So true, so true.
So, in this season of pinching, I take this moment on Monday evenings to reflect on all of the comforts in my life, these things that take the sting out of God's best ;)
110. That here in Georgia, the sun doesn't set until 9 pm-ish, meaning I can slip out the door at 8 for a quick run . Which is just the ticket these days...time to think, pray, drink in the dusky humidity...and then I come home with a whole new outlook.
111. That tonight on that run mentioned above, just the right music played on my Pandora station. The lyrics speaking the exact truth that I needed to hear. Have you heard, "What Do I Know of Holy?" I had not until tonight, but it was the perfect ending song to my run.
112. A fixed car. No air conditioning for now, but that's what windows are for, right? One car down, one to go.
113. The daily conveniences--washing machine and dryer, dishwasher, ice maker. These things make the day to day so much easier.
114. Reading The Mitford Series again. I feel like all of the characters are my dear friends. Such a simple pleasure each afternoon during "rest time."
115. Stove popped popcorn.
116. My house. That I have a home.
117. An evening with friends. Spending time with my family. Bottom line, not being lonely.
118. Scott's job. My tutoring. Couponing. The food co-op. God's provision.
119. An evening out with just "the ladies," a much needed break from life.
120. Fresh from the bath children in clean pajamas. Such a perfect way to end the day.
And Ada's list tonight--her three things before bed
1. Going to the pool.
2. Having a nice dinner [it was Burger King for dinner after spending the afternoon/evening getting the car fixed and then Target, so that's Ada's nice dinner;) ]
3. Saying thanks to Jesus at dinner