Friday, October 14, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Catch




God has gifted me with a mind that constantly teeters on the edge of "going off the deep end," and hoping there is someone at the bottom to catch me if I do in fact "jump."

In my feeble, "he remembers that we are dust," state of humanity, I have often tried to deal with this crazy mind of mine by controlling everything in sight.  My weight, back in school--my grades, and now, my house and my children.  In other words, I try to take the pill of perfectionism.  And I always crash and burn into a pile of my own sin.

It isn't pretty.

But over the last year, as God stripped me of all control, I learned that, it's true.  When my mind is spinning out of control, and the perfectionism isn't cutting it, because in my "state of dust," I really don't have any control at all, I can trust him.  I can trust him.  He will catch me as I fall.  As I plummet, even.  He will catch me.

You will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts you.  Isaiah 26:3

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow... I can totally relate.
however with 7 kids it really is all just a joke with the pill of perfectionism, lol.....it doesn't even have a chance.
The fact that you are aware enough to know these things.. shows you are pointed in the right direction. You have the ability to help many women with your words.
Loved reading your words.
T

Amanda said...

great post! i hear you on the control front. thanks for that today.

All My Monkeys said...

Perfectionism? Who me? Does every woman have this? These days I'm out numbered so thoughts of control... right out the window. I ponder the beauty of a perfect house etc, but reality takes over. Even still, I'm so glad for His grace in those moments I try anyway. :) Thanks for sharing.