Just a few things really quickly.
1. you know the watermelon lie? Where I told John that the watermelon on his plate was candy. Well, since then, he is eating any fruit he can get his hands on. Why oh why did I wait so long to lie to my son ;)
2. Ada has recently roped John into playing barbies with her. Which would be bad news, except that John's barbie is always a monster, and the only thing it does is roar really loudly and attack Ada's barbie. And Ada just says in a really high pitched voice, "oh no, the monster is coming..." So different from the way my sisters and I played barbies.
3. Today, I spent all morning long deep cleaning our bedroom--dusting everything in sight, cleaning base boards, vacuuming under the dresser. I mean, really satisfying deep cleaning. I came out of the bedroom to find toys covering every square inch of the rest of the house. It was insane. All that satisfaction of cleaning my bedroom was gone just like that.
4. I am watching the Olympics as I type this. I am loving the Olympics, are you? One of my favorite parts is watching the moms in the audience watch their children succeed. Love it.
5. I think that's it. The bed is calling my name.
(a big birthday party this weekend. Ada is counting down the days. For some reason age 5 is making me really sentimental. Maybe because she is so not a baby anymore?)