Sunday, March 13, 2011

Recovering

Well, we are still trying to come up for air around our house.  A week like that really knocks the breath out of you, right?




I can't believe that a week ago we were about to face that horrible Monday.  And here we are, and to look at Ada you wouldn't even know she had ever been sick.  It's so crazy.

And poor Scott.  On Thursday he woke up so very, very sick with the same virus (I guess--can you get it a week later?  It seems exactly the same as what Ada had).  He is still recovering, slowly but surely.  I am praying, praying that the virus stops with him.  He has spent the entire weekend just like this.
I felt like he was quarantined.  Like the door to our bedroom had a giant red x on it.  Ada and John were not allowed in there.  Only I went in to check on him and see if he needed anything.  And then last night, he felt up to moving to the couch, and mom and I moved in and attacked the room with lysol and general cleaning.

My mom has been here since Tuesday morning, and she left this morning.  Once we all got home from the hospital, my mom, who is queen of organization, whipped my house into shape.  Seriously, we have cleaned and organized from top to bottom.  I will tell you all about it, including pictures (I know you are fired up) tomorrow. 

The point of this post is just to say that little Ada (who is skinnier than ever after that whole ordeal) is absolutely normal, back to herself, bouncing off the walls, etc. etc.  My mom and I even joked that it's like the sickness rebooted her and she came back with twice as much energy as before.  And she hasn't had even a hint of a seizure since Tuesday afternoon.  So...I don't know.  I think it must be a febrile seizure situation (am I spelling febrile correctly?)  I am taking her to the pediatricain tomorrow just for a check up, per the hospital's discharge orders, and I need to schedule her follow up with the neurologist.  I am very thankful that we did not put her on medication, since there are no seizures.  Of course I will be a nervous wreck next time she is sick, but the last time that she was sick with a fever was last Easter, so it's not often that I will have to worry about it.  And, besides, next time I will know what is happening.  Perhaps that will make it less frightening?  I don't know.

I am just so very thankful to be on this side of things.

I'll leave you with a few photos of my little Ada.  I can't help but hug her a little more than usual these days!!


Okay, and John-John too




No comments: