Sunday, February 12, 2012

And the Cleaning Continues

First, though, a few pictures of John playing with his birthday gift this morning before church.  And I will do an official "birthday party post," later. 

 A Fisher Price race track/parking garage to replace the cheapo one we got him for Christmas (our bad, John)
 He LOVES it!!!!

 Mater and Lightening McQueen, and Scott got him the Cars movie as well.  It's his first "boy" Disney movie, and he was excited when he realized that Lightening McQueen matched the one in the movie.  Ada got him a Cars board book, so we bombarded him with all things Cars this birthday, but only because Scott thought he would really like all of it, if only He actually knew about it.  And so far, so good.


Before church this morning.   (these are out of order.  The ones of John on the couch are after church.  He was super tired, waiting on us to put him down for a nap)

Okay, on to the cleaning report

Last week was not a great week.  I didn't feel great, the kids didn't feel great, and it was hard for me to keep up with things.  The good news is that because I have at least developed the habit of doing those "daily" things, I was able to make myself do those as the bare minimum even when my energy level was protesting any house work at all.  Because the kids had colds, I didn't go the gym all week, and I think that also contributed to my really low energy. 

I think I've mentioned my struggle with extremely low energy on here before, but over the past couple of months I have made some changes to try to remedy the "energy situation."  This past week, however, I hit rock bottom again, which was discouraging.  I am hoping that as we hit the gym again tomorrow morning, things will pick back up.  There's nothing like a good hour of spinning to give me an energy high that lasts all day!!!  Seriously.

This week I am going to continue with the daily stuff--kitchen, laundry, beds, clutter, and I am going to continue with Monday as my official bathroom cleaning day.  The other thing I want to focus on this week is keeping surfaces clear.  That is the biggest clutter problem in my house--the dining table, kitchen counter, top of my dresser, etc. etc.  I want to make a point to keep those surfaces clear, and I think it will make a huge difference in the clutter level.  I also realize that I need to get rid of a lot of stuff.  We still have too much stuff for this small space, and I need to purge, purge, purge.  There are piles of things in the master bedroom and in the laundry room that really have no official "home" in the house, and I also need to get rid of so many toys.  But, before I become overwhelmed, this week I will focus on continuing with what I am already doing and keeping surfaces clear.  And I will press on...

No comments: