Sunday, January 6, 2008

Packing Up.

Well, the big moving day is this Saturday, so most of my time this week will be spent packing up the apartment. I am doing everything possible to make the move as stress free as possible, but I am still nervous about moving with a five month old. Some of the cuzzes will be helping us--thanks Bud and Sheffer, and my parents will be here as well, which is always a wonderful help!! Even at 25, nothing beats your mom coming to the rescue. I will post pictures of the house after we have moved and everything is in it's place.

We took our first big load yesterday. I got most of my china and stemware unpacked and on counter tops, and Scott moved a lot of the clothes that he will not be wearing this week. What china I did not move yesterday, I packed last night, and I plan to tackle the kitchen next.

Because I have spent most of my days packing, Ada has been enjoying the bumbo seat that Jane so graciously allowed us to borrow. She loves it, and it cracks me up to see her sitting in it, like it's her own little recliner. She just hangs out while I pack boxes.

As for sleeping success, we continue to move backwards rather than forward. Scott and I have returned to that twilight zone state that parents live in those first few weeks after the baby is born. Early this morning, at 3 am, Ada woke up demanding to be fed--multiple times I tried to appease her with the pacifier--and at 3:30 I stumbled back to bed, hoping for a few more hours of sleep before we woke up for the day. Think again. Ada did not go back to sleep until after 5 am. Needless to say, it was a miserable morning. Scott and I managed to catch a couple more hours of sleep after Ada went down for her morning nap, but I am determined that we are going to break this new habit that she has of waking up at all hours of the night. My kind husband did allow me to catch up on sleep on Friday night. He took the night shift, and I slept from midnight to nine the next morning--what a fabulous night it was!! Scott went back to sleep for a couple of hours after I woke up at nine, but I don't think he felt nearly as rested as I did.

As I type, Ada is taking her second nap of the day, which consisted of much crying before she finally fell asleep, and Scott is out picking up the 25.00 changing table that I found on craigslist. I am so excited about this!! In our apartment, we have a guest bed in the room with Ada, so until now I have just changed her on the bed. However, in the house, she will not have a bed in her room, so I needed a changing table. After many days of searching on craigslist, I found exactly what I was looking for, and for only 25.00. You can't ask for much better!! I am so proud of my thriftiness.

On that note, I hear Ada waking up, so I must go. Again, any mothers out there, please send sleeping tips because we are desperately wanting to return to sleeping at night and get past the current craziness that characterizes our nights!!


Melissa said...

I remember doing this with Ella too!! She still wakes up during the night occasionally~ I don't know if that makes you feel better or worse knowing that we are still going through that as well. I just don't get their little sleep patterns at all---one minute I think I have her figured out and then she wakes up twice during a night. I really think it might be teething now though! Oh the little joys of motherhood...:-)

Amy said...

David, who is now 4 1/2 months, wakes up every night to be fed around 3:30 am. We call him 'tick-tock' because he is so predictable. He usually eats about 6 ounces. We are really getting tired of waking up at night to feed him so the past couple of days we have tried putting him down with either 2 ounces (to wean him from this night time feeding) or no food, however this has not worked at all. He just screams until we feed him. (he has never slept through the night). If you figure out anything that works we appreciate the suggestions too!

Milla said...

I love those bumbo seats (see Melissa's post on poo in the bumbo seat - it cracks me up)! And, Ada looks so big. I can't believe how fast she has grown!