Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My homemaker husband and other news from the past few days

As I mentioned in my last post, I spent the majority of Saturday training for my new tutoring job with Educate Online--a division of Sylvan. I started out the day feeling completely normal, but by the time my four hours of training were up, there was no doubt that I was not feeling normal, and so began my four day battle with a mysterious sickness. In that four days I spent the majority of time sleeping, and Scott took on the role of homemaker/stay-at-home dad. When I woke up at 8 am Sunday morning to get ready for church, Scott took one look at me and told me to get back in bed. He promised that he would take care of things, which is exactly what he did. Apparently, while I soundly slept away the morning, Scott faced the task of cleaning up one of the dirtiest diapers Ada has ever had. I don't know all of the details, but I do know that the clean up involved wiping under her armpits. Poor Ada. Poor Scott. Not wanting to wake me up, and not wanting to end up with a ruined onesie, Scott called my sister, Ann, to find out how to deal with the stained onesie. He really should be awarded some medal for how he conquered that dirty diaper catastrophe. He also stayed home from work on Monday and Tuesday, as I continued to fight off the sickness, and he managed to not only single-handedly take care of Ada, but he also washed, dried, and folded at least four loads of laundry. He really has been super dad over the past few days. I think he was fairly burned out, though, and ready to get back to work, so Ada and I are going it alone today, and I do feel lots better, though I don't feel 100% back to normal.


I think that it would be much easier to get past the sickness if I could get a full night's sleep, but Ada continues to wake up at night. To make matters worse, her new way of dealing with anger over going "night-night" is to flip herself over onto her tummy and cry out in absolute hysterics until we turn her back over. So this is our new routine, I put her down, walk out of the room, by the time I make my way downstairs, she is crying in such a way that I know she is on her stomach, I go upstairs, flip her over, leave the room, and we continue to repeat the process over and over. I really have no solution to the problem. For example, she is in desperate need of a morning nap right now, but she can't fall asleep because she keeps flipping over. It is wearing both of us out!! I have tried rocking her, singing to her as she lies in bed--nothing works. Any and all suggestions are welcome!! Any mothers out there, did your babies do this, and, if so, what did you do?


On a completely, completely different note, I am so excited over the fact that Dwellstudio now has a line for Target. Just one more reason why I love Target so much!!


I am posting a picture of what I woke up to Sunday morning--Ada after the diaper situation--her pants were too small and the outfit very mistmatched, but, hey, she was clean, and what more can I ask for?
One last thing--in the time it has taken me to post this, I have probably tried to put Ada down for her nap about six times, and it looks like she is finally asleep--VICTORY!!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Aww she is so cute. Congrats to scott for being dad of the year! By the way...you need to post some house pictures. I know I have seen it pre-move-in but I would love to see it now!

LB said...

I will post soon. We have not painted yet, and our furniture only fills up about 1/4 of the house, so there's not much to see. But I will post pictures of the small portion of the house that is actually furnished and decorated.

Ashley Turnbull said...

Yay for Scott! That is what we like to hear (dad's helping out) so that our men will be motivated when their time is here! I'm so proud of him!

Milla said...

Aw Laura Beth I'm so sorry to hear about your miserable sickness and Ada's sleeplessness!

Scott... way to go! You really are dad of the year!