Saturday, February 9, 2008

Reasons it has been a great weekend, and it's only Saturday night...

1. We had our first dinner with a McDonough couple last night.

Scott works with the husband of the couple. They have a two month old son, which means I have an instant connection with the wife. It's amazing. Once you have a baby it is as if you join this worldwide mom club, where you have instant conversation with any other mom in the world.

2. After dinner, Scott and I watched the newest episode of Lost.

We went to community group Thursday night, and we missed seeing it. Yes it was confusing, but, to me, just as good as always.

3. Ada slept all night!!

We did not hear from Ada until 6:45 this morning. We gave her a bottle at that point, put her back down, and she slept until 10 am. It was amazing. It was like Scott and I slept until 10 am!!

3. The weather was in the mid-60s.

4. Because the weather was so nice, Scott and I walked around the square in McDonough for about an hour.

This made me feel much more connected to the town. We discovered three different restaurants that are perfect for dates. Now, we just have to find a baby-sitter. Plus, I found an adorable children's shop with all the smocked dresses I could hope for. Finally, I had an iced chai from a coffee shop on the square that was just as good as a chai made by Jan Taylor.

5. The weather made for a perfect run.

I am still only running 1.5 miles, but today's run was much more pleasant than the past runs. I am slowly shifting from miserable to slight enjoyment.

6. I found a $5.00 jogging stroller on craigslist. It is old but still in working condition. I plan to pick it up tomorrow.

7. While I ran, my sweet husband gave Ada a bath, so I came home to a clean baby. Very exciting.

8. And the last thing that makes the weekend so great, I finally watched Annie Hall.

I have been meaning to watch this movie forever, and for one reason or another have never gotten around to it. I loved it as much as I thought I would. It made me feel very nostalgic.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Does Ada happen to use Similac Advance? (the kind in the blue can) In the midst of changing formula several times, I have some cans that are sealed that I won't use and you can have them for free if you want. Just let me know!

LB said...

yes, I will definitely take the formula. That would be so great.

Amy said...

LB- What's your phone number? I switched phones and don't have it any more. I live in Warner Robins, but drive to Atlanta two days a week to work. I can drop it off on my way home. I usually go to Atlanta on Tuesdays and Thursdays. So, I can drop it off Tuesday or Thursday around 4:30 or so, or if that doesn't work I can drop it off in the morning but it would be early like 6:30-7 am. My email is eaton.amy@gmail.com. If you email me your number I'll call you to arrange the details. I hope you can get some use out of the formula. It is 10 cans of the 25.7oz powdered cans.

Ann said...

I am very excited about your McDonough discoveries. The smocked dress shop and the chai is enough reason for me to put another trip on the calendar. Also, after Ada and my little monsters go to bed, you and Scott can go eat at one of those restaurants! Perfect!

Milla said...

Hey LB! I'm so happy that you are feeling happy and more at home in McDonough. And, I'm so glad Ada is sleeping better. I don't do well without sleep, so I don't see how you do it! mmm... I need to go get a Chai.

Ashley Turnbull said...

LB, Tell Ann she needs to get a blog, too! Would love to see her family in blog-land! Oh, and wasn't LOST grand? I just can't get enough...