Thursday, February 21, 2008

Random thoughts on a Thursday afternoon

So...tonight is Lost, which always makes Thursday an exciting day!! And, we get to find out another member of the Oceanic 6--yea. It is also the results show for American Idol. I am giving American Idol another shot this year. I watched it last year and didn't love it, but since the judges promise this is the most talented season ever, I am going to hold out for one more season. If I don't love it this season, I may no longer be an American Idol fan.

I am actually typing this from Scottsboro. I took a very last minute, very impromptu trip home this week, mainly because I was needing some daytime companionship. Scott is wonderful company at night, but the move has made things extra lonely during the day, and I had not been home since Christmas, so I loaded up the car and headed home for a few days. I am returning to McDonough tomorrow morning. Ada has been a good sport this trip, and for the most exciting news of all, she has slept through the night the past four out of five nights!! We may have broken through to the other side. Granted, she was wide awake at 5 am this morning, but I'll take it.

As for other news, I will spend the weekend training for my new online tutoring job through Sylvan. I am fairly excited about this. The job only requires ten hours a week, so a few nights a week Scott will watch Ada, and I will go online to earn a few dollars in order to support my ever growing clothing habit. Plus it will give me an opportunity to do a little "educating." There are actually several online highschool teaching opportunities, but most require at least two years in the classroom, and I only spent one short year in the classroom before I became a stay at home mom. I think I am going to apply anyway, and just trust that if this is something the Lord wants me to do, then the lack of experience will not matter. I really think that I would love to continue teaching American and British Lit., and teaching online allows for a VERY flexible schedule. The tutoring will be good, but it is not the same as actually teaching literature. We'll see what happens.

And last but not least. For all you women readers out there, have you heard anything about the new trend of using deep cleansing oil to clean your face? I have read about it in a few magazines, but I have not really paid attention because I did not believe that oil could actually clean my face. However, while in Scottsboro, I found a facial products catalog that was sent to my mother that advertised deep cleansing oil as their best selling product. I went online and asked for a sample because I feel like I need to at least give it a try. It is made from extra virgin olive oil, and all of the antioxidants are supposed to be great for "age-fighting." I would love to hear if anyone has more info. about this new trend.

Well, happy Thursday, everyone, and to all you Lost watchers, only four and half more hours to go!!

No comments: