Friday, March 28, 2008

Random Friday morning happenings

Remember the 7.00 jeans that I bought from Target? Well they were too long for me--jeans always are unless I can get them in ankle length, and even then you never know. Anyway...I constantly buy pants that are too long for me, a consequence of being 5 feet tall, and I was determined to actually get these hemmed instead of letting them sit in my closet forever. Well, I went to get them hemmed today, and it turns out that it is going to cost 20.00 just to keep the jean hem on them. Do you know what I mean? So they don't look super dorky and hemmed. So much for my 7.00 deal. But hey, 27.00 is still good for a pair of jeans, but not nearly as impressive as 7.00.

As for other Friday news, I received my first tutoring paycheck!! I am once again a working woman. I am still waiting for my fingerprints to go through, so I currently get an average of two hours of tutoring a week. Needless to say, the paycheck was very small, but it is enough for Scott, Ada, and me to go to our favorite Mexican restaurant tonight. Yea. And hopefully the fingerprints will go through soon, and I will be on my way to contributing to the bank account once again.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

The "jean dilemma" is the story of my life!!! I too hate to hem jeans b/c of the cost of keeping the original hem. Ugh! The trials of being short but at least people think we are petite and cute :)

Milla said...

You are both very petite and cute. Us taller ones always feel large and overwhelming. That's why I lean over, therefore sticking my boo-tay out in pictures, remember?

Also, VERY exciting about the paycheck. Is the mexican restaurant as good as Laredos? I have yet to find one...

Scott said...

The mexican restaurant here in the Mac-D isn't as good, but when we lived midtown, I found my favorite mexican restaurant in all the land. Now, we never get to go because its like 45min away.

Amanda said...

Haha! Milla's comment is cracking me up! I had forgotten about the butt poke pictures!

LB said...

okay, I am not remembering the butt poke pictures, but now I am very curious and would like to see one--ha, ha:)