Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Things I am excited about on this Wednesday evening

1. My new "the essential" jeans from Gap.

So during pregnancy I became very accustomed to elastic wasted jeans that came up past my belly button, so when I finally had to give up my maternity jeans (weeks after Ada was born), I was astonished at how low waisted they all were. Not to mention the fact that they no longer fit like they did pre-pregnancy. I have been on a mission to find jeans that are not too tight and not too low waisted. Mission accomplished. Gap's "the essential" jeans are just the right fit. Slightly baggy and slightly higher on the waist, and I am IN LOVE with them.

2. My new, 7.00 jeans, from Target.

Yes you read that correctly, 7.00. I was looking through the clearance rack at Target--a weekly activity--and I noticed this pair of jeans in my size. Now, as I have mentioned before, I love Target, but even I have been slightly skeptical of their jeans. I tend to splurge a little when buying jeans, but I decided it wouldn't hurt to try them on. And I loved them. The waist is lower than I now prefer, but for 7.00 I decided I could live with it.

3. Sandra McCracken

My sister, Sarah, let me borrow one of Sandra McCracken's c.d.'s because I needed something to listen to in the car this past Sunday, and I am in love with her. Her voice is beautiful, and I love her lyrics. Check her out. I added a link to her website. Plus she is wife to my long time favorite, Derek Webb, whom I will always love.

4. The fact that I am picking up my BRAND NEW straightener from the post office tomorrow.

My chi died this past weekend. It was so very sad. I plugged her in, and she started smoking. I go no where without my chi, so I did go through a time of mourning, but by Saturday night, I had ordered a brand new straightener from the website, Folica. I opted to go with something other than the chi, and it had really good reviews, so I am excited--and somewhat nervous--to try it out. The one I ordered is called the HAI--anyone know anything about it? It was somewhat of a gamble, so we'll see. I have a hair appointment on Saturday, and I really need a quality straightener to really get all that I am wanting out of my new haircut.

5. And finally, Fountain Diet Coke

I am always excited about fountain diet coke, but the love affair has been renewed lately due to the fact that I am no longer pregnant or nursing. It is almost an addiction. It just isn't the same out of a can. Particularly, I love large diet cokes from Zaxby's. Nothing gets me through a long afternoon like a large diet coke from Zaxby's.

2 comments:

Milla said...

ooh... so good to know about the gap jeans! I'll have to try them out. And, maternity jeans sound wonderful (especially the elastic band!) It's sad you have to put them away!

p.s. I also love sandra mccracken and fountain diet coke!!! And Zaxbys ice...mmm...

Ashley Turnbull said...

I'm with ya - love some Sandra! She and Derek have some duets that are just fantastic!

ada's easter pics are awesome! i just love her look...adorable.