Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Another Day

A few more pictures from our week in Scottsboro, courtesy of Sarah and her camera.

What we have here is Ada demonstrating to you what all of my days and nights consist of.  A lot of nursing, a lot of burping, and these days, a lot of praying;)  Last night, I practically begged God, on hands and knees, for some sleep.  He said yes in the form of my husband.  At 2 am, when I was going on two hours of broken sleep, I finally made my way upstairs, and begged Scott to take over.  I was desperate for some sleep.  I told Scott that if he could just give me two hours, then I would take John back downstairs.  So, Scott rocked John for an hour (I think), and then John slept for two hours, and then Scott brought him back to me at 5 am.  So, three hours of solid sleep!!  Woo-hoo.  It's enough to get me through another day.  My bloodshot eyes are becoming a familiar sight each morning.
And John asks, "what's the problem?  If you would just hold me all night long and let me sleep in your lap, things would be just fine."  That would be "Near's" lap that he is sleeping on. 

And below, he is fast asleep on a quilt my great grandmother, Ella, made.
Oh man, I am sleepy.  That seems to be all I say or think about lately.  I just think about putting one foot in front of the other without falling down flat on my face.  And we make it through each day that way.

Actually, today, knowing that I couldn't sleep through the day, I decided to tackle various things around the house.  I unloaded and loaded the dishwasher.  I folded and put away clothes.  And I attempted to teach John to put himself to sleep.  So, while I folded right outside his door, he cried himself to sleep (well, he cried for a few seconds before I went into his room and gave him the pacie).  And Ada played doctor, her favorite game these days. 

But now, Ada is asleep, and while I typed this, John fell asleep in the swing, so I am off to the couch where I hope to sleep.  I wish I had more to tell you.  One of these days I will talk about more than sleep, I promise.

5 comments:

Ashley Turnbull said...

LB, I am so sorry! Tell me this, are you waking him up in the day to feed him? At what intervals are you feeding him in the daytime? I'm sure you already know this, but let me encourage you to keep him on a tight ship in the daytime...eat/wake/sleep, and wake him to eat if necessary. The more he eats in the daytime, the more he'll sleep at night. Email me if you want some more encouragement!!!

Rachel said...

You are doing awesome! Hang in there... it will get better- oh how I remember those looong nights. Before you know it, you will be on the other side of things.

Bethany said...

Bless your heart LB! I hope one day very soon your sleep will return and some sort of normalcy will return. Let me know if you need anything! I'm just a phone call away!!

Jessica said...

I can so relate and I feel your pain...I'll pray that little guy will get to a more regulated sleep pattern...if you have sleep it makes a world of a difference...hange in there friend.

Sarah Garner said...

These pictures are really cute. I wish I could see them in person! Pictures will have to do for now. Thanks for posting! Hopefully you will get progressively more sleep. I don't know if I could do it.