Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Touching Base

It is not like me to go so long without blogging, but my  mind is a bit foggy these days from lack of sleep.  It's harder for me to think of what I want to say, and it's even harder for my words to actually make sense;)

We are closing in on the magical six weeks, but it's not looking like John is going to do a six hour stretch at night to go with the big six week birthday.  We'll see.  He does 4 or 4 1/2 for the first stretch at night, so that helps, but I think six hours at once would be just glorious.  He is crying a lot this week, which I think is to be expected.  Isn't five weeks supposed to be a rough one?  Luckily, Ann is here this week, and her presence is helping so, so much.  I have napped when Ada napped, and Ann even got up with John this morning, and I was able to sleep an extra hour.  An hour here and there really makes a difference.

It's been a good week!!  Monday, my friend Jane Boutwell, came to visit with her children--Elisha and Anna, and Elisha and Ada played wonderfully together.  No fussing at all.  Plus, because Ann is here, another friend came on Tuesday, so I have had lots of adult interaction.  That makes a huge difference in my mood!!  Adult conversation and a sympathetic ear are so encouraging. 

Plus, Jane is letting me borrow her moby wrap until I get my own stretchy fabric, and it has allowed me to "wear" John during this fussy week.  It helps so much, and he loves sleeping on me.  Tonight, during the 5:00 fussy hour, he slept soundly on my chest while I ate dinner.  So nice.  And it leaves my hands free.

I wish I had more to tell you.  But like I said, my mind is rather blank.

I hate a post without pictures, so I am including some very long overdue pictures from the big snow back in February.  While Ada played outside in all that white, Scott and I were battling our way through Atlanta traffic to get to John in the NICU.  The snow really complicated things, seeing that we live in the South and everyone goes a bit crazy when snow arrives.  But Ada was back at home with "Near and Sarah," and as you can see, she loved her first big snow experience. 

2 comments:

Laura Forman said...

Girl, I totally understand what you are going through! I am just one month ahead of you :) And to encourage you, it really does get better! Jack is now sleeping from 10 at night until 5:30 in the morning..can you believe it??? :) But I remember just a few weeks ago, it seemed that from 7 until 10 at night he was horribly fussy and nothing would settle him...but he got past it..now, I hope that after I say all of that he doesn't have a fussy night tonight!! Praying for you friend and I am soo glad that Ann could come visit and you could have adult conversation...I know it really does help!!

jane said...

sounds like you gotten the hang of the wrap... hurray!
and i love love love ada's hat!