Monday, March 8, 2010

True Colors

This is what John looks like a lot these days.  Not so pretty, right?

I know he's about to let out a wail when his face gets bright red and his eyelids start to pop.  It seems as if  his hair sticks up a little bit straighter as well:)

What was he so upset about?  He probably wanted to nurse.  Again.

He went to the pediatrician today for his one month appointment, and he weighs a whopping 9 lbs 12 oz!!  And to think he was only 7 lbs 3 oz at birth.  I am so proud of my little nurser.  Though I wish he would nurse just a little less in the middle of the night.  He seems to nurse more often at night the older he gets rather than less often.  Oh, six hour stretch of sleep, will you ever arrive?  These two and three hour stretches are killing me. 

But, he is healthy as can be.  NICU?  What NICU?  Thank you, Lord, for our precious boy.  What a gift he is, even in the midst of the sleepless nights and endless crying. 

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Aww I love his outfit. Next time you are in S'boro over a weekend I would love to come visit him!

Katie said...

he is soo handsome! We can't wait to get our hands on that little angel!!!

Ann said...

Somehow I missed those pictures a couple of posts ago of John. They are beautiful!!!

Ashley Turnbull said...

I agree...love the outfit. Hang in there - you're not far from sleep, I promise! Just take it one day at a time - he's so healthy!!! That is great news!!!