Saturday, August 21, 2010

Thank You

Thank you, friends, for the encouraging comments.  Sometimes, almost all of the time, all I need to know is that I am not the only one.

That seems to be my favorite lie to believe, "everyone, and I mean everyone else, has it all together, and I am the only one stumbling along, meager attempt after meager attempt, failing every other try," and then I find out, that is not truth!!

As I sit down in the midst of a still quiet house to plan another week's menu and grocery list, I pray that the Lord would speak to me in the midst of this very ordinary day.  I long for gospel truth to cover these daily moments. 

I hope that everyone, and I mean everyone, has a restful, restoring Saturday.

1 comment:

shannon said...

I know I'm a little late to the party but just wanted to say I know EXACTLY what you're talking about! I hate how blogs/facebook/internet can be such a time waster & can sometimes leave me feeling worse & definitely NOT encouraged after looking at them. (As a result, I'm seriously thinking about deleting my FB account...I know, I know - the horrors of it all:-).) Praying for you (& me!) & love the new blog. Wish we could all get together soon. Maybe a little trip to Auburn? I so want to meet Camp & John & Henry! Along with Tripp, what a "play date" that would be! HA! Love you!