Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Random Grouping of Things

I am sure you have noticed that I don't blog nearly as much as I used to.  Our poor desktop is dying a slow, painful death, and half of the keyboard no longer works.  So...I am at the mercy of Scott and his work lap top.  And these days, I have to get in line to use the lap top!!

Let's see, what do I want to record about the day's happenings of late?

John is so quickly transitioning from baby to toddler.  It amazes me.  He loves balls and trying to play catch with Ada, and this morning he said "ball" for the first time, and proceeded to say it over and over.  "Ba, Ba, Ba," he said as he tried to roll it on the carpet.  He loves to splash Ada in the bath tub, and tonight they were both doubled over in laughter over it.  It was so much fun to watch them.  We had a bit of a nursing setback this weekend, as he has been sick and wouldn't really eat or drink anything.  I finally gave in and nursed him, and tonight, when he seemed to be feeling better, I offered him a sippy cup of milk. He loudly protested.  I think we'll get back on track tomorrow.

What else is there to record?

Scott and I went on our date.  The first one in such. a. long.  time.  Ada was wailing when we left, but we got a text from Jeremy (one half of the couple who baby-sat for us) before we were even out of our neighborhood letting us know that Ada was already laughing and dancing.  So, Scott and I enjoyed a leisurely Olive Garden dinner, with no children.  What a treat.  And when we got home Ada was bouncing off the walls with excitement over her night.  (John slept the entire time.  I put him to bed right before we left).  Hopefully it won't be a year before we got on another date.

The rest of the weekend was spent enjoying the amazing weather and grilling out.  Scott and Ada read, while waiting on our food to cook.



And the rest of our days have been full of the typical stuff, including the library where Ada insisted on bringing home every Maisy book she found on the shelf.  Do ya'll know Maisy?  She is Ada's favorite "read."  She goes crazy over Maisy books.

While I was in the children's section at the library, I also managed to grab a couple of books for myself

This is going to be an obvious statement, because who doesn't?, but I love the Narnia books.  I love the way the books cause me to think about the gospel from an entirely new perspective.  I always leave the book with a deeper understanding of the gospel.  Do you agree?  I also grabbed The Horse and His Boy.

So, not much new is going on around here.  I am still trying to figure out a way to get a handle on the state of my house, though it's not in terrible shape right now (mainly because Scott worked on the gigantic laundry pile all weekend--thank you hubby).  In my search for a solution (I am forever searching for a solution) I came across two new blogs that I am loving--Mama's Laundry Talk and A Slob Comes Clean.  I especially love A Slob Comes Clean, as I can so relate to everything that she writes. 

And finally, there is much I am praying about these days.  Much.  (I mean, aren't we always praying about a lot, but you know what I mean--more concentrated prayers).  My heart is heavy over different situations not directly related to me, and there is also much I am praying about for my own life situation.  In the midst of that, though, I am learning much about God's sovereignty, which overwhelms me with peace and rest!!  Hallelujah for that!!  My discipleship group is currently reading Trusting God by Jerry Bridges and Be Still My Soul by Nancy Guthrie.  I highly recommend them both.  They both remind me that God, in his perfect wisdom and sovereignty, is always working for my good and his glory, which are one in the sameNo matter if it feels otherwise. 

And that is an update of the goings-on around here.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

love the post...love the pictures of ada and scott reading..so cute how she crosses her legs like her daddy!

Nony the Slob said...

Thanks for the mention!