Tuesday, January 26, 2010

All too familiar

It's 3:30 am, and I am wide awake for the second night in a row.

This is what I did when I was pregnant with Ada, and the end was near. The good news is it means my body is getting ready for labor or laboring or doing something to get this baby out. The bad news is, my body might do this for two more weeks.

I go to the doctor later this morning--at 10:50. Please, please, please let there be encouraging news. If I have to be awake at all hours of the night before John is born, let it be because progress is happening.

Tonight there have been contractions. For a while so strong that I considered waking Scott. And I considered folding the clothes that were out in the hall and cleaning the living room--just in case. Then I remembered a book I was reading, and I opted for that instead.

Last night, I was literally awake all night long. I finally fell asleep around 4 am, for about two hours. I was a mess this morning, and luckily, Scott was able to stay home while I stayed in bed. But, of course, he can't stay home for the next two weeks. So let this baby come. Or let me get some sleep.

For now the contractions have stopped. And I did sleep from 11:00-2:30, so that's something.

I think I will go read some more, and maybe I will fall asleep again. Here's hoping.

No comments: