Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Past Few Days

"The Cousins" have been here, which always equals a bit of chaos. Fun, but chaos.

In the midst of the chaos, however, Ann helped me out so much. Baseboards were cleaned and floors vacuumed, and I even cleaned my master bath, which took an entire morning. While I cleaned the bathroom, Ann cleaned the master closet, which was a feat. I feel much more prepared for John's arrival, which is good, because the contractions continue. Three weeks to go. Will we make it that long?
Also while Ann was here, we fit in a visit with an old college friend and sorority sister, Laura Galloway Jones, who lives only about a half hour from here. Look at all the kids.
It warmed up that day, and the kids got to play in the vacant lot next door. A real treat for Ada, as the lot is usually off limits. However, in an effort to fit in some adult conversation, we let them get their hands (and everything else) dirty.
It was a fun day, which we ended with a yummy Mexican dinner. I love Mexican any time, but it is especially great when I am pregnant.

We wrapped up the weekend with a diaper shower for Baby John and me.
There is nothing more exciting than diapers for a second time mom, and we are well stocked, but I will post more on the shower later. It was such a treat, and I was so glad that Ann and Ellie were able to come. Thank you Tutti and Jessica for hosting, and thanks to all my dear friends who came to celebrate John.
By the way, I think I am mostly carrying John in my face. Yuck, yuck, yuck. I can't wait to get this baby out so that my face can return to normal.
I still want to post pictures of John's room, though to be honest there isn't much to post. It's a bit empty, but very ready for John to be rocked and fed and diapered and bedded. That's all I need, right? It will most likely be a work in progress for the first year, and I am okay with that. The necessities are in place.
Okay, I have to go now because, as usual, Ada isn't wanting to eat a dinner. It's a hamburger in the living room night, and she is taking forever to get through one tiny Wendy's hamburger.

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Thanks so much for the pictures. They are soooo cute. I'm counting the days until John arrives.

Melissa said...

oh Laura Beth,
I smiled when I read this post! once again, I am reading my life. You are being smart in thinking to keep meals, on the "easy" side once your little John gets here. It did take us a few weeks to feel somewhat normal and then even then I felt I couldn't quite get everything "together." I still feel like that somedays...haha. You will find your routine though and life will feel more together and peaceful(sorta);-) or at least a "new peaceful." I felt like I carried Evie in my face as well. But thankfully almost immediately my face went back to normal. Yours will do the same!! Although, I think you look beautiful!! That is awesome Ann came to help with cleaning/organizing. My master bath is ALWAYS the thing I put off to clean!!! Did'nt mean for this to be a book...I can't wait to check your blog and see pictures of John. Ada will adore him!! I will check back in soon~ Hang in there these last couple of weeks!!!