Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A few things about Ada


1. I think I finally feel a tooth coming through Ada's little gum. I can't get her to move her tongue long enough for me to see anything, but when I rub my finger across her bottom gum, there is definitely something new there. I am hoping it will come on through, and she might start sleeping better. Which leads me to number 2...

2. Ada slept all night last night!! We put her down at 7ish, and she woke up about an hour later. I rocked her for a while, but her back down, and we did not hear from her until 7:30 this morning. Hallelujah!! Plus, she has been napping like crazy. Any other moms--can teething actually make your baby sleep more? Whatever the cause, I am soaking it up.

3. She is turning into such a little explorer. Pulling up on everything. I will post pictures below. And crawling all over the house. She is into everything--the kitchen shelves, anything in the television armoire, anything that I am eating or drinking--if she can see it, she wants it.


4. Yesterday was her 9 month birthday. Wow. As long as she has been in the world is the same amount of time I carried her around inside of me. Crazy. I can't believe that one year is only three months away. I know it is the biggest cliche' in the world, but this year is flying by. Absolutely flying by. It feels like I just gave birth.
5. I also included a few images of evenings at our house. My sonic diet coke, Ada in her highchair with puffs, which more keep her busy than satisfy her hunger, and potatoes ready to be baked.



7 comments:

Scott said...

I forgot to tell you that she did wake up at 11:45 last night. I got her up and took her downstairs. By the time I got her down there, she had already fallen asleep in my arms. She didn't even flinch when turned the light on. So, I took her back upstairs, laid her down, and didn't hear from her again until this morning.

Lindsay said...

Y'all's little family is absolutely precious!! I love you guys!

jane said...

love the inside scoop!
you should really get a copy of 'the wonder weeks'... i know i've mentioned it a billion times! it's just so fascinating to see the mental developments they are making.

Milla said...

Oh I love it! I love the pictures from around the house. I feel like I know Ada already even though I haven't met her. I really love the one where she's about to tump over your diet coke. HA!

Ann said...

Hey! I was looking at these pictures while Ellie and Luke were in here and they got so excited, especially Luke. He started yelling her name and pointing at the scream. I wonder when she will start recognizing them and getting excited, and me for that matter!

Ann said...

I meant to write he was pointing at the screen.

Allyson said...

Ok I know I am a blog stalker, but I had to comment. The first year FLIES. I can NOT believe that the girls are 7 months old! It is amazing how much they can do now, and when I look at pictures from when they came home I am overwhelmed. Do you ever look at her and just wonder how this little person came about when she just in your belly a year ago! It makes me wonder how people can doubt God's existence. Just a thought. Happy 9 months birthday to Ada :)
www.mccaytwins.blogspot.com