Sunday, May 25, 2008

Weekend update

so the trip into the city didn't happen. Traffic was crazy on Friday, thanks to Memorial Day, which we had forgotten to factor in, so the new shoes have been postponed. We are going to ATL for Elisha's birthday party tomorrow, so hopefully while there I will purchase new shoes. I was a little sad on Friday because I was looking forward to CPK and new running shoes all day long. There was a little extra pep in my step because of it, but oh well, what can you do? It would not have been wise to load Ada into her car seat and then sit in traffic forever.

So the weekend got off to a mediocre start, but things have picked up since then. Yesterday was a very full day beginning with an 8:30 hair appointment in Vinings and ending with an afternoon wedding in Rome, GA. The wedding was held on the campus of Berry College. It was absolutely beautiful. It felt as if we had traveled back in time. I told Scott that I would feel so scholarly if I attended school there. I pictured students traipsing across stone walkways, having Socrates inspired question and answer sessions with their professors, books tucked neatly under their arms. I felt more intellectual just being there. Sadly we left our camera in the car--it would be a beautiful location for Ada pictures. In fact, I would almost be willing to load up the car, pack a picnic, and head that way in the fall for a family outing/photo session.

After the wedding, lots of Scott's highschool friends and wives gathered at our house, where we promptly separated into girl and guy groups. We stayed up much too late, talking and laughing. But it was such fun to catch up. However, this afternoon I am feeling the effects of the late hour. The rest of the group is at an afternoon Braves game, but I opted to stay home with Ada. The thought of taking a almost 10 month old to a three hour long baseball game seemed somewhat nightmarish, so here we sit. Honestly, after the hustle and bustle of yesterday, I am enjoying today's quiet.

I have loved playing hostess this weekend, though, and it makes me thankful all over again for a home with room enough for friends and family to gather. Of course, we only have one extra bed, so poor Amanda and Taylor were on an air mattress upstairs. But they did have their own room--as empty as if may have been:)

I know many of you (family mostly) stop by mainly for the Ada photos, so I will try to post new ones either today or tomorrow. Until then, Happy Memorial Day everyone!!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

LB, I started cracking up when I read the part about Berry College! You know I went to Shorter there in Rome, and one of my best friends went to Berry. I'm sure there are some scholarly students there, and my perspective may have been biased because I knew mostly baseball players, but they definitely don't fit that description and neither did many of the people he knew. But that chapel there is gorgeous, so I do understand what you're talking about.

Amanda said...

LB thanks so much for hosting us. It was so much fun catching up with you even if we did stay up to 2 am! Like WH days..huh? Ada is so precious and I really enjoyed getting to see her. She is so much more mobile than she was in Dec. when I saw her last. And of course I loved your house! Thanks so much for letting us all stay. It was refreshing for us to get away for the weekend to hang out with all of yall. Please let us know the next time you are in Huntsville and we will be sure to get together!

Ashley Turnbull said...

Sounds like ya'll had a blast - loved hearing the update!

Milla said...

Hey Laura Beth! Sorry it's been so long since I've commented on your blog. First of all, I LOVE your new header! I need to go check out the blog where you can do that! And, it sounds like you've been having an eventful summer so far. I'm so happy that you're loving your house and that you have room for guests. I wish we had an extra room for friends to stay!!