Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A few things to discuss

I am LOVING all of the recipes. Please, please, please keep sending them. I am writing them all on recipe cards with the name of the person who sent the recipe, and I will let you know as I try each one. The best part is they are all so doable. I have so many cook books that call for a million ingredients in each recipe, and I just never use them. It's just not practical. But ya'll have provided many nights of easy, good eating. Thanks so much.

Second of all...do you remember how I mentioned at the beginning of the half-marathon training, that I always have knee trouble when I run for any extended period of time? Well, the knee trouble showed up yesterday. I am moving up to 2.25 miles this week--it's a slow process, okay, and for me, 2.25 miles is a lot ;)--but anyway, about 2 seconds after I was out the door, my knee started doing its thing. It was the worst run in the history of runs, but somehow I knew that if I didn't finish, it would be the end of my training. And I have to run this half-marathon. I really have to. So, I struggled through the run, at such a slow pace that Ada could have crawled beside me, but I finished it without technically walking. However, I know that the time has come for new shoes, or it will be the end of the half-marathon for me. And, surprisingly, Scott agreed, and this Friday we are off to Atlanta for the night to buy some new running shoes. I am so excited. There is a store within walking distance of our first apartment that specializes in running shoes, so they can do that whole thing where they watch me run and then tell me what I need. I am hoping they will have lots of good advice for my knee trouble. Plus, Ada has never been to midtown, and 9 months seems as good a time as any to take her. I think we are going to end the night with dinner at CPK. We got a coupon when we were there for our anniversary, and it expires soon, so we have to use it, right?

Finally, stay tuned because I will be updating the blog heading soon. I just feel like it needs to be more creative, so you should see a new look for the blog in the next few days. We'll see.

Happy Tuesday, everyone.

6 comments:

Milla said...

Oh boo knee troubles! I bet you were so mad when you first felt it acting up.

I hope you can find some shoes to help the problem. And, have you tried one of those knee band things? They seem to help...

Let us know what shoes you find! I need some new ones, too!

Laura Forman said...

yay for new shoes!! :) i do help it with your knee problems though! and way to go in running 2.25 miles...that's amazing!! :)

Laura Forman said...

okay, so i guess i should have proofread my last post..."i do hope it helps with your knee problems" okay...that is much better :)

Jennie said...

Hey Laura Beth! I'm so glad to have found you! When I first read your comment on my blog, I thought, "Oh dear, who is LB who is blog stalking me???" funny. then I realized it was you, and all is well. :) Ada is precious! Do you live in McDonough, GA? If so, small world - my sister and her family have lived there for years!

Ashley Turnbull said...

LB, I have knee trouble, too. And it can show up at the most random times. Several trainer friends told me to make sure and do good stretches before you run; also, invest in one of those foam rollers. You lay on your side with it under your leg and "roll" over it...hurts like heck but it will massage your IT band and help strengthen that entire muscle (which is connected to your knee). It has worked for me for a while now.

Lindsay said...

I think the new shoes will help you a lot. Like I said in a previous comment, my parents go through several new running shoes a year to prevent injury and pain. Good luck shopping!