Friday, May 16, 2008

Ten Exciting Happenings From the Past Week

1. Let's start by traveling all the way back to last Friday, when I happened upon some stemware on sale for .98 at Pier 1 Imports!! I snatched up six of those before someone could tell me it was a mistake. If you are in need of new stemware (which I was not), I suggest you quickly make your way to the nearest Pier 1 and check out the clearance section.

2. 1.00 Large Diet Coke at McDonald's. Yes, .86 cents for a large diet coke at Sonic is still a better price, but McDonald's wins because you can go anytime, not just from 2-4.

3. A Banana Republic outlet opened a mere seven minutes from my house, and J.Crew is coming soon. Hallelujah!!

4. Four new dresses for Ada at 5.00 a piece. Oh how we love Target. (I am only letting her wear dresses these days because I am so tired of people telling me how cute my little boy is.)

5. A cute one piece bathing suit with a skirt for me. Don't think Grandma, think retro. And hey it covers all of my least favorite spots on my body. Who cares if it screams mom--I am a mom.

6. Ada has a new habit of wanting to hug me. All the time. So we spend a lot of our day sitting on the floor hugging. Not a bad job, I have to say. It makes the time she spends screaming a little more bearable.

7. A night spent with the women from my church helping a soon-to-be mother of two weed and clean and prepare her life for baby #2 who will be here any day.

8. My best childhood friend gave birth to a little baby boy.

9. All this pregnancy and baby talk, is giving me an itch for baby number 2. Though Scott and I don't really feel like it's time, I love the fact that I will be so excited when I find out I am pregnant with number 2. Thank you, Lord, for turning my life upside down and, slowly, making it seem like it was my choice all along.

10. And, finally, the possibility of a date with Scott on Saturday night. We'll see.

4 comments:

Allyson said...

had to comment to your post tonight on 2 things. First, I totally bought a skirt bathing suit. Seems like mommyhood caused things to... Shift. But its cute. It does show my belly though which will prob make people say " she should not be wearing that!" but I dont care! :) I figure a tan may help my slightly stretched belly :) u can get away with a little more with2 infants in tow right ? :)

And second I like how u say that u would be excited at the thought of number 2. Its funny how that happens. I'm finally to the point where I would consider having another if we were in that place. Never thought that would happen!!! :)

LB said...

oh, I am so glad to hear that I am not alone with the skirt bathing suit. And yes, things certainly did shift!! And don't worry about the belly!! I am sure you look great.

Isn't it crazy how one day you actually are okay with another baby? I remember when I first got home from the hospital, I was like, well, I guess Ada is going to be an only child because there is no way I can do this again--ha, ha. I can only imagine how you felt with twins!!

Lindsay said...

That's so exciting about another baby...I can't wait for you guys to have another one! And I can't wait to see y'all and Ada. She's a completely different child then when I met her so long ago!

The Slagleys said...

I am glad to hear someone else say that they would be excited about #2! Everyone thinks we are insane for being so excited about having another one, but it will be great! I had no idea how fast "the bug" hit after the first baby... there were times we thought Kate was an only child as well!