Friday, May 23, 2008

It's Friday. And that's reason enough to be excited.

Tonight's the big night when Scott and I are venturing into the city. And hopefully I will come home with some new shoes that will do wonders for all of this training. I'll keep you posted.

Other news--well, obviously, I updated the blog, and in the process I lost all of my links. I am so sad about that, but I am pleased with the new heading. Check out scrapblog to make your own. I discovered the site through another friend's blog, so let's just keep passing the word. It's so much fun that I am tempted to change my heading every week. Don't worry, I think I am finally finished "decorating" the blog. In the mean time, I will slowly be adding links to all of the blogs that I read.

What else? Well, this week's bargain. I have to share. I have a wedding to go to this weekend in Rome, GA. As of Wednesday, I had no idea what I was going to wear. Ada and I were in Wal-Mart, and I decided to stroll through the clothing section, just to see what there was to see, and, guess what? I found a precious little black sun dress for $9.00!!! And I will be wearing it on Saturday. It is the bargain of all bargains, and I am so proud. Pictures to come. Lesson learned--don't underestimate what you might find in Wal-Mart.

While in Wal-Mart I also picked up my first two sewing patterns. I know, I know, I don't even have a sewing machine yet, but I just couldn't resist. I am dying to get my hands on that sewing machine, and, well, if I can't do that, I can at least learn to read a pattern so that I will be ready when the machine is finally in my posession.

We have a busy weekend ahead that involves a visit from old friends, a Saturday afternoon wedding, and Elisha Boutwell's birthday party. Elisha turning one is just a reminder that Ada's first birthday is right around the corner--wow.

Speaking of that little stinker, she is more on the go than ever. She even crawled up the entire staircase yesterday (with Scott right behind her just in case). She has had another cold this week, but that has not slowed her down--though it has caused some sleepless nights for us all. And last night, she said what I am considering her first word--bye. Scott and I were waving and saying bye (even though we weren't going anywhere), and she imitated us. So of course we got her to say it over and over again. It is so cute. She waves her hand back and forth and says bye. Where did my tiny baby go? I bought batteries for the camera today, so there will be pictures and even a video to come.

And that's our Friday. What about you? Any big Memorial Day Plans?

p.s. I am still accepting recipes. Even if you already submitted one. Consider it an open invitation.

1 comment:

McCrory Family said...

You got the header posted!! It looks great!