I am 100% copying this idea from The Motherload. But I loved her list so much, that it made me want to sit down and list all of the things that I am wishing for this Christmas.
1. all bills current, baby (as in mini, not planning for a baby) emergency fund in place, and debt snowball rolling. We are working our little (or not so little) tails off to make all of the above happen. Thank you, Dave.
2. mini-vacation with my husband in April, paid for with money he wins in the Biggest Loser at work. 15 lbs down!! I am so proud of him, and crossing my fingers. No, Dave would not agree that we should take this getaway, but condo prices are oh so low in April, and our marriage needs this as much as our marriage needs to be out of debt. We are working so hard, and we need a vacation to reconnect (away from little Ada) and reevaluate our get out of debt plan.
3. new digital camera. Ours is broken, and we are watching the months pass by with no pictures of Ada.
4. Any season of the Office on dvd.
5. Gift cards to Target, Any Restaurants, Carter's, Gymboree
6. my living room painted. I don't think I can stand one more minute of staring at paint splotches on the walls. We need to make this happen before the new year.
7. My carpet shampooed. It is so bad. So, so bad. From the many cups of milk, apple juice, diet coke, crystal light, and tea poured onto the floor. Not to mention the cheerios smushed into the carpet.
I think that's all. That was fun.
Really and truly I do want the first two things on my list, but other than that, I think this will be a Christmas not so much focused on gifts, and I am 100% okay with that. I am looking forward to decorating my tree, driving around looking at lights, picking out a few things for Ada (the craigslist gifts fell through, sad), and hanging out with the fam back in Alabama. What's on your wish list? I would love to hear.
Most of all, of course, I want to focus on the hope of Christmas.
O' Holy night, the stars are brightly shining
It is the night of our dear Savior's birth
Long lay the world In sin and error pining '
Til He appeared and the soul felt His worth
The thrill of hope, The weary world rejoices
For yonder brings a new and glorious morn
Fall on your knees
Oh, hear the angel's voices
O' night divine
O' night when Christ was born
O' night divine
O' night, O' night divine