Monday, December 15, 2008

Merry Christmas from Alabama

The next two weeks will be a bit of a whirlwind for our little family, shuffling ourselves between Georgia and Alabama. To reduce the affect that all of that travel might have on Ada, Ada and I have made Scottsboro our "stationary" place for the next two weeks. We spent this past weekend in Crossville with Scott's parents, who graciously agreed to watch Ada, while Scott and I attended "Cuz Christmas"--an annual Christmas party for all of his high school crew. Then on Sunday, Scott dropped Ada and me off in Scottsboro, while he travelled back to Georgia. He will back either late Thursday or early Friday to pick us up, and we will travel back to Crossville to celebrate Christmas with the Moore's. It should be a fun time because the number of babies have multiplied--four in all!! Two toddlers and two newborns!! I will be sure to take lots of pictures. Then, Scott will drop Ada and I off here again, and he will travel back to Georgia to return to work (he only has Christmas day off). He will then travel late Christmas Eve day, we will quickly celebrate with my family, and then all of us will return to Georgia on Christmas day. Crazy, I know, but it's fun to be with family this time of year. I just couldn't stomach sitting at our house on Christmas day, feeling like it was any other day of the year. Plus, it's such a treat for me to have company during the day, hanging out with all of my sisters, my niece and nephew, and my mom. I am soaking up the family time because Scott and I plan to stay put for all of January and most of February to make up for money spent during December. Since Andrew will be arriving late February, I do plan to travel then, of course!!

All of that to say that my blogging will be a bit sporadic for the rest of December, but I will be back full force in January, menu planning and couponing and all. May you all have a Merry Christmas wherever you might find yourself celebrating this year.

p.s. My Christmas cards still haven't even arrived to me yet, so you will be receiving them a bit late this year. But they are coming. I promise, they are coming.

No comments: