Monday, December 22, 2008

Quick Update--still from Alabama

I am still in Alabama, but now Scott is with us--hallelujah. On Friday when he finally got here, Ada hugged him for a solid five or ten minutes. It was so cute. (And a nice break for me). Scott is a very hands on dad, so when he is around it really breaks the load in half. Little Ada is napping right now, which is why I am on the computer.

I finally got my Christmas cards in the mail today. It has been the year of the disastrous Christmas Card. First we had to postpone pictures for forever, so I was waiting on those to come back. Once they did, I immediately ordered the card, and I had them sent to my mom's house, since I knew I would be in Scottsboro. They finally, finally came in this past Saturday when Scott and I were in Crossville. So...I delivered them to the Post Office this morning. My addresses got accidentally returned to McDonough (they were in my car so that I would have them here to address the cards, but you know how those things go), so not everyone will be receiving one, but the cards are in the mail, and some may even arrive before Christmas day. Next year I plan to be way more on the ball with the family Christmas card. We live and learn, right?

Other Christmas news--Scott and I went on a Christmas date last night, which was such a treat. We left Ada with mom, and we went to Toys R Us to finish up shopping for Ada. Both my aunt Mary Ann and my Grandmother Rhodes sent money for us to pick out gifts for Ada, so we picked up a couple of last things we wanted for her--a toy toaster (she gets excited when her waffle pops up out of the toaster) and a purse full of little toy things (she loves to go through my purse and wallet). Ada will be having a very kitchen themed Christmas. Her "big" gift from Scott and me is a play kitchen, and my mom is giving her some pots and pans, a grocery cart, play groceries, and a tea set. In addition to the toaster, we also got her a toy microwave, so the majority of her gifts have to do with cooking. I am considering putting the toy kitchen in our real kitchen in hopes that it will make dinner preparation easier for me. We'll see. I'll try to take lots of pictures of all of the Christmas morning hoopla, which will take place at Ann's house.

The Moore family Christmas went well. Ada received a precious little doll buggy and doll from Scott's parents, in addition to a blow up ball pit/slide. I know that the ball pit will be lots of fun for her, but she hasn't seen it yet. It is waiting for her in McDonough. We are saving the kitchen and ball pit for when we return. We plan to have our own little family Christmas the Saturday after we return.

As I mentioned above, Scott and I had our own Christmas date last night. After Toys R Us, we had a very yummy dinner at Outback, and we went to the Monaco Theater at Bridge Street to see Four Christmases, which was okay. We laughed a few times. We loved Vince Vaughn in The Break Up, so our expectations may have been a bit much. It was great to have some alone time to enjoy dinner and talk without little Ada constantly demanding our attention. We joked about how we would "see each other again next year."

I realize that you may not even be interested in all these tiny Christmas details, but more than anything, this blog is used to record the comings and goings of our life, and this is Christmas 2008 for us. If you are still reading:), I hope you are having good times with family and friends, and that you are experiencing the peace that only comes from knowing Jesus.

"And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth," John 14:1.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun date night! Glad you got some grown up time. All of Ada's gifts sound so fun. Can't wait to see pictures of the "little cook" in her kitchen :)

Lindsay said...

Well, Ada is racking up! I can't wait to see pics of her "cooking!" We're supposed to be going to see Four Christmases, but I don't have my hopes too high, so maybe it will be good. Y'all have a Merry Christmas!

Ashley Turnbull said...

Isn't the Monaco fun? Overpriced, but fun?

And yes, the gifts sound wonderful - you guys know the perfect thing! Please post pictures...I am sure Christmas takes on new meaning w/ the little one =)

Bethany said...

It sounds like you are having a great time! Have a great 1st Christmas with Ada and New Year. :) I can't wait to see pictures of Ada's kitchen toys, it sounds like they will be a blast for her.