Tuesday, December 2, 2008

This one's for you, Scott, and a quick summary of Black Friday

So, this year I decided at the very last minute to participate in the madness that is Black Friday. Next year I will be much more prepared. Ann told me that she planned to go to pick up a few items for Ellie and Luke, and I decided to go along for the ride, "just in case" I found a good deal. We originally planned to leave Scottsboro at 4 am to be at Toys R' Us when the doors opened, but we decided that was crazy and there was no way everything would be gone by 7, surely. Clearly, we were rookies. Ann got the last one available of what she wanted--a medical kit for Ellie and Luke. We had joked that surely no one would be diving for the 5.00 medical kits, so we didn't need to be lined up outside the door. (They were 50% off)
We were wrong. People were diving for the medical kits. And anything else that they could get their hands on.
I wanted to pick up a 25.00 slide that is normally 40.00. To get the slide, I had to pick up a little slip and take it to the cashier. There I would pay for it and go around back to pick it up. After waiting in a very long, but fast moving line, Ann and I drove around back to pick up the slide. There were about 4 mothers ahead of me also wanting the slide, but after a while of waiting, the employee comes out to say that the slides are gone, and we will have to get our money back. There was absolutely no way I was getting back in that line, so I decided to wait until I got back to McDonough to "return" the slide (which I don't actually have). All of that to say that
1. I think Black Friday is worth the deals, but you really do have to be there when the doors open, and
2. Ada and I plan to go see Scott today because he works near the Toys R'Us, and I still need to get my money back. Plus, we have plans to purchase a toy kitchen for Ada, and Scott and I want to look at those while we are there. I have been telling Ada all morning that when she wakes up from her nap we are going to see dad, hence the pictures below.

Looking out the window for dad

Bringing me the keys because she's ready to goShe's moved on from dad to playing with her toys (aka, her old baby bath tub. Hey, whatever works). She's pointing out the sheep's eye.
Because she was looking up at me, and I wanted her to smile, I said, "Ada, do you want to go see, dad?" And below is how she reacted to that question...


she couldn't get out of that tub fast enough. "Let's go," she says.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is so precious!!! LOL Hey, do you think that Scott looks like Steven? I can't get over how much they favor each other and they're not even related! LOLOL Take care and have a Merry Christmas!!! Love, Steph (Barber) Christensen :)

Ashley Turnbull said...

I have always thought that those BF deals were the best when it comes to toys. Gosh, what a mess. Was the HSV TrUs really bad? I wondered in a town like Huntsville. Well, there's always next year! I'll meet y'all there!

Oh, and Ada is a precious one...I just love her looks. And she looks like she is tearing through your house...how in the world do you keep up!

Elizabeth said...

Those pictures are the cutest things I have ever seen in my entire life!!!!! well, except for Ellie and Luke matching them - as in today when he was with me in Huntsville - but oh my gosh!!! All of that of Ada. I resent that I don't see her on a daily basis. :-) I guess so does Edna.

The cutest pictures ever.

Love, her Near.

Bethany said...

Hi LB,
Just wanted to let you know that Juicy Juice should be on sale again (BOGO) at Publix. The Nestle website just sent me an email to allow me to print out some more $1.00 off coupons. If you have two printers, you can print out 4. HTH.
Love the new pictures of Ada. Adorable! Your stories of BF cracked me up! I got out of bed as well on Friday to be at Wal-Mart at 4:40 to grab some baby dolls and blocks for Caroline. The funny thing is...while everyone else was sleeping, I was diving into the large pallets of toys with other crazies! We went back later that day and there were still TONS of the toys that I just had to get before the sun rose! :)

Hollen said...

HOW CUTE! I love the ones where she is getting out of that tub! LOL :)
Hollen