Thursday, December 18, 2008

still here in Alabama

we are still alive here in Alabama. I am used to being so connected to the blogging world, but right now my reader has over 200 posts unread!! There just isn't time while I am at home.

Things have been a bit tougher than I expected. Ada has been somewhat difficult. I suppose she is missing home and her dad. I know that I am. But we really are enjoying time with the family, and tomorrow Scott will be here and we will be headed back to Crossville, so maybe a change of scenery and seeing dad will improve her mood. Who knows.

Today I was able to spend the day in Huntsville with Ann and Sarah, and all of the children stayed with mom. It was very nice to have adult conversation, and we even met Ashley and Amanda for lunch at O'Charley's, which was quite the treat.

There isn't a ton to report. I did make a quick run to Publix while in Huntsville, where I bought two boxes of Bisquick, two bottles of Bertolli pasta sauce, two boxes of Keebler snack crackers, and one box of Betty Crocker brownie mix for around 9.00. I was pleased with that total, especially since I saved 14.00 in the process. Got to love those BOGO. Sorry for the super boring blog post, but I felt like I needed to post something. I am missing my blog. I am actually looking forward to January and life settling back into a routine. Scott and I plan to use January to really "perfect" the budget. I am trying to get things down to a fine science, but I think it requires us staying at home for a bit to make it happen.

Merry, merry Christmas, everyone.

1 comment:

Milla said...

Good to hear from you! Have a wonderful Christmas LB!