Wednesday, December 30, 2009

34 weeks

Six weeks to go, ya'll, and I am ready. Last night as I was complaining over aches and pains, I told Scott that I have reached the point of ready to get this baby out. I am no longer nervous about labor, I just want to feel the relief of having my body back and lying on my back again. I predict that John is longer than Ada was because every move he makes hurts me a little bit. My ribs here, my back there. And my bladder, oh my bladder.

I go to the doctor tomorrow morning, and I think I will soon be going every week. I really can't believe that we are already at the end. It has absolutely flown by. Ada's pregnancy seemed to drag, but I suppose that Ada has kept me too busy to really notice the time passing.
I am trying to prepare myself, as much as possible, for the aftermath of birth. You know, the sleepless nights, the crazy days, etc. etc. For Christmas my mom gave me a certificate for a hair cut at a place in Auburn --AP Pearson's. It's where my sister, Sarah, gets her hair cut, and she loves it. I need someone to give me a cute and doable cut before I move into the land of newborn. In the mean time, I am soaking up my time with Ada and my time to sleep. Remarkably, I am still sleeping well at night. I am so thankful. I didn't sleep well during Ada's pregnancy, but this time I am waking up rested every morning, for the most part.

And I find myself wandering into John's room to look at all those little boy clothes. What will he look like? What will he be like? How will our family change as a result of his life? Six weeks, ya'll. Six weeks.

p.s. I will be back soon with more Christmas blogging.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

You look SOOO great! Can't wait to see John's face :)

Nicole said...

You look great!

Rachel said...

You look fantastic! I am so excited for you and your family! Enjoy that sleep!

rhodes1 said...

The pictures look so cute! So does Laura support herself by working at Anthropology? And I'd definitely thought about the clothes thing. Or, I could work at whole foods and get discounts on gourmet groceries.

rhodes1 said...

Oh also, look in the atlanta newpaper for me if you get it.

Kathy said...

you look amazing! you make pregnancy look easy!

Melissa said...

I am so behind on blog reading...any spare time i have now I am usually sleeping but I had a cup of coffee this morning so I have some extra energy;-) You look adorable Laura Beth---so tiny, ALL baby!!! Hang in there, aren't the last weeks the longest with your second? I found that to be true with Evie. Soak up every minute with Ada and rely on all the help you can get...I found that is one way the Lord loves us through those early weeks!! I love your blog by the way..I feel like I am reading about my own life:-)