Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Tree Craft--Ada's newest obsession

Today is Monday--obviously--but this means I have two extra kiddos join us for the day. Which actually works to my advantage because I get more housework done on Mondays than any other day of the week. Why? because Ada is entertained.

However, three kids does equal lots of energy inside one house, and today it was just too cold to spend any time outside. So...I moved to plan B. I looked around my house and took inventory of what I had on hand--construction paper, scissors, and glue sticks. And here is what I came up with.
Why the fruit loops you ask? I was inspired by Ann. I thought we could glue the fruit loops onto the trees as ornaments. Turns out that a glue stick isn't strong enough to hold a fruit loop to construction paper. It is barely strong enough to hold construction paper to construction paper. The fruit loops became a group snack bowl.
When they were finished with their craft, Ada thought it would be a good idea to hang the trees on the pantry door. Truly, it was 100% her idea, and of course I complied.
Jessica, please forgive the germ sharing and the zero nutritional snack. They sure did love the community fruit loop bowl, though.

Ada also loved the Christmas tree. And for the rest of the day, every ten minutes, she asked if she could make another Christmas tree. Which would be fine if she would just use crayons to decorate, but she wanted the trunk and the star and the cut out shapes, but she couldn't really figure out the glue stick on her own. So...I ended up making lots of Christmas trees today.

In fact, when I got home from tutoring this evening, here is what I found.
But doesn't the pantry door look festive?

6 comments:

rhodes1 said...

Love that Ada's getting creative! I would be happy to do that with her over Christmas if the obsession remains.

Scott said...

The one on top is mine. Holla.

Scott said...

The one top is mine. Holla.

Elizabeth said...

That is all too adorable and it's my favorite kind of decoration - so real!

I can see in the pictures how into it Ada is. So cute. I know Hannah loved it too.

Jessica said...

no worries on my part...whatever gets you through the day friend! I'm sure they had a blast!!! So thankful for you watching them each Monday. They love coming and that makes it so much easier to leave them each Monday.

Rachel said...

The picture of her with Scott cracks me up. She didn't have to twist his arm too much did she ;)

What a great idea!