Monday, December 28, 2009

Mae Mae and Pop's House

We began our Holiday at Scott's parents' house. Ada calls them Mae Mae and Pop (Scott's mom's middle name is Mae). Ada loves being at their house because there are cows and horses right out the back door. When we tell Ada that we are going to see Mae Mae and Pop, she always says, "and the cows?" Of course she also loves being at their house because she loves Mae Mae and Pop, (and "Annie," Scott's sister who also lives there).

I was terrible about taking pictures throughout the week, and most of the pictures that I do have are from other people's cameras. Here are the few pictures I took from the first of the week.

It was cold, cold, so I bundled Ada up before she went outside to play.

And those are all the pictures I have from their house. Sad, I know.

We had a great time, and Scott and I were able to sleep in every morning and sneak away for several meals on our own. A real treat, since we never do that here at home. The highlight of the trip was when we stayed up late playing a card game, Skip-Bo. We laughed and laughed and laughed. It was a lot of fun. Scott also stayed up late one night playing Rook, but I was feeling sick and pregnant, and I chose bed over that card game.

In the pictures above, Ada is wearing new Curious George pajamas underneath her coat and hat. Thank you, Mae-Mae, for always providing many Elmo and Curious George themed items. Ada adores them all!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I'm LOVING that hat! SO cute! Where can I get one like that :)