Saturday, December 5, 2009

Baby John

Well, Baby John (as Ada calls him, never just John), continues to make me one sick woman. I am curious if this has anything to do with it being a boy pregnancy rather than girl...hmmm...it really has been so different than my pregnancy with Ada.

I was sick all day yesterday, and I eventually had to cancel a tutoring session, and then I woke up at 5 am this morning because I was so sick to my stomach. I went to a friend's baby shower, and once I got home I immediately climbed back into bed and promptly fell asleep for four hours. I didn't feel tons better when I woke up. Ada and I were supposed to go to a birthday party this afternoon, but I slept right through it.

I am guessing that this has something to do with indigestion? Maybe as John gets bigger, I get sicker? I don't know, but it's no fun.

What are happier things that I can tell you? Not so happy, of course, is the fact that Alabama is now the SEC champion. The good news is that Ada continued to scream "War Eagle, hey" throughout the game, and I certainly didn't tell her that Auburn wasn't actually playing. I am glad that she knows where her loyalty lies;)

Happy, positive, what do I want to say? A four hour nap is pretty positive. I am so thankful for Saturdays and Sundays when Scott lets me sleep for as long as I need to in the afternoons. And I am thankful that he is dealing with the dinner dishes as we speak. Thank you, husband, it is much appreciated.

Also good news--my mother made me the stockings and garland that I wanted from Etsy. She says the garland is not exactly like the Etsy one, but I am still excited!!! She is putting it in the mail on Monday.

And...Ada continues to keep me laughing. Though I spend much time praying for patience, she also makes my days so much fun. She is one big party--we spend much of the day dancing, singing, joking, laughing, and the list could go on and on and on. She truly never stops. In fact, I know it is nap time or bed time when she becomes even more wound up than usual. She has no off button--except for when she feels shy, then she becomes attached to me.

Anyway, nothing much to report here, but I felt like checking in. I hope you are all enjoying your Saturday night!!!

No comments: