Monday, December 14, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

I haven't done menu plan Monday in a while, but I have realized that it is a great way for me to remember what I have planned for the week. I forget what I am supposed to cook for dinner one night? I simply turn to my blog. Plus Scott likes to see it in writing, online.

And, it's fun to link up with every other blogger out there who is also trying to maintain some semblance of order and nutrition and budgeting in their weekly lives.

Anyway, here is our week

Sunday night--we had frozen pizza

Monday night--chicken pot pie, broccoli

Tuesday night--bean soup, cornbread

Wednesday--Kate ("Cake" as Ada calls her) will be here, so I think we might go eat Mexican just to get out of the house, plus I have a BOGO coupon, so you know. Or we may eat Mexican for lunch and then do whatever for dinner--don't panic, Scott, we can talk about this:)

Thursday--the ever faithful spaghetti dinner. We do this almost every week. Ada loves spaghetti, and I use whole grain noodles (that I get for mostly free) and sauce that I get for less than 1.00, and I add some broccoli on the side, and Ada gets a nutritious meal that she will actually eat.

Friday night--probably frozen pizza again as we prepare to leave home for the week.

Scott has the entire week of Christmas off--can you believe it? He normally works all the way up to Christmas day, traveling to Alabama when he gets off work on Christmas Eve, missing the Christmas Eve service and usually whatever yummy meal Mom has planned. Is it Prime Rib Roast again, mom? But this week, we are leaving Saturday morning and spending several days with Scott's family. Then on Christmas Eve morning we are traveling to Scottsboro to have Christmas with my family. All of that to say, that this week I am trying to clean out the fridge and pantry a bit.

For breakfast we will eat the usual eggs, peanut butter toast, yogurt, etc. etc.

And Lunch will be sandwiches, bananas, tangerines, applesauce and maybe mac and cheese one day for a treat.

I am also planning to make buckeyes. I have all of the ingredients, but I need to buy some wax paper. I have done no Christmas baking whatsoever, and buckeyes happen to be what I am craving, so I think I will make those tonight. We'll see if I actually get to it.

So there you have it...the ever glamorous Moore family menu;)

3 comments:

Ashley Turnbull said...

I ADORE buckeyes. Oh those things are beyond yummy. Eat a few for me!!!

Jenny said...

Mmmm...buckeyes!

I wanted to say that Andrew loves his spaghetti too, and I read in a book called Deceptively Delicious how to add squash puree (one cup) to the sauce, it adds more veggies and you can't even taste it! It's a good book about how to sneak good foods into the things the kids eat, like chicken nuggets and hamburgers, etc.

Have a great week off with Scott, it's so nice to have the extra set of hands home, especially when you need a nap!

Amanda said...

Oh my, buckeyes remind me of the Whitehouse. Remember when someone made a ton of them for Lindsay. She loved them.
They are yummy though!