Thursday, February 25, 2010

Little Stinker

See those eyes?  They were open a whole lot last night.  As in, every two hours.  As in, I slept in one hour shifts.  And they continued to stay open for a majority of the morning.  His inner stinker is coming out.  He is finally napping right now.

I decided to let him nurse until he fell fast asleep.  Then I rocked him in that position until I really knew he was asleep, and he has been asleep for over an hour.  Enough time for me to take a shower and dry my hair.

But now I hear him crying, and that means he needs to eat yet again.  It's what I prayed for, right?  A good nurser.  I got one.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Sounds like he may be having his growth spurt now! Emily had one a few days ago and ate almost as often! Hope it passes soon and you can get some rest!

Elizabeth said...

Laura Beth - I counted on the calendar! It's that 17th day! You and I figured that out while I was there and it's about when they start to "wake up". Yipes. Those pictures are adorable! He does look more awake. Uh Oh. MOM

Kate Rhodes said...

i can't wait to see him again and actually hold him!! the pictures mom have sent have been so cute!!

jane said...

waking up.. wonder weeks ahead...it is exhausting, but all good in healthy human development ;-)
``` also i have been thinking about how you posted about feeling drained when you nurse--- i was just reading about how nursing stimulates hormones that cause you to relax, so maybe that is what you are feeling.?

rhodes1 said...

such cute pictures!! gessoing isn't an actual word, but to prepare the wood to be painted on, you paint gesso on it. You know I'm pretty desperate for money these days and for people to see my art. If you really wanted it, we might could work out a deal :)

Mary said...

great pictures! I love the ones of Ada too in your last post. Hang in there and sleep anytime you can in the daytime ( I know thats hard but if by some chance the opportunity comes along! :) STill praying for you guys!