Thursday, April 8, 2010

More on yesterday's post

Obviously, the idea of the cross is heavy on Ada's mind.  I don't think she understands at all that this was a sad or painful or difficult to the point of sweating blood thing.  Her two year old mind just sees it as a fun thing, I think.  Who knows what is going through her head.  I have tried to explain it to her, but you know....she's two.

Anyway, she drew this picture yesterday, and I had to post it.

Ada explained that this is a picture of Jesus dying on the cross, and then she ran into the kitchen to hang it on the fridge.

(Mary, how crazy that Abbie is thinking some of the same things.  I am sure the whole concept is very confusing at this young age.  At 27, I certainly don't fully understand it, so I can only imagine how they are processing the information)

One more Easter thought.

At our house, we eat eggs a lot.

They are healthy, frugal, and Ada likes them.  So, almost every morning I scramble eggs for both of us.  Especially now as I am trying to satisfy my nursing appetite all while losing weight.

Well, Ada found the perfect use for the leftover Easter eggs from her basket.  I thought this was a great idea.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

That is so sweet and touching that she is thinking about Jesus dying on the cross. Its amazing what kinds can come up with.

Jessica said...

Okay I'm totally impressed with her picture...that's REALLY good. Hannah repeatedly asks if we can read the part of the story where the bad people take Jesus away. I'm not sure what the fascination is there but her mind is hooked on it. It is so exciting though just to have repeated opportunities to share the truth with them even if they don't "get it" yet. We miss you guys!!

Ann said...

HU-Larious!!!! Yeah, sometimes I will be getting into a "deep" theological discussion with Ellie and she is answering questions correctly and I'm thinking, okay, she is getting it. And then Luke says something, like, yeah Jesus saves like spiderman. And then Ellie starts trying to explain and it is so off and I just sigh.

Amy said...

I wish I could say we eat eggs a lot too! David is very allergic and can't go near them and it pains me because they are such a good, cheap, easy source of protein! I used to eat them all the time.

Hank and Anna Uzzell said...

she's so cute!