Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What we do on a rainy day

We were headed to the library today, when I realized that by the time we got there, got John wrapped up tight in the moby wrap, and made it in the door, we would all be soaking wet.  So...my car found itself going through the drive through at Sonic and back home to our driveway. 


And I began to rack my brain.  What were going to fill these rainy hours with?  How was I going to avoid a day full of mindless cartoons?  And then I remembered the watercolors stashed away for such a time as this.



And what's a rainy day without cookies?  Oatmeal cookies with butterscotch chips, that is.
And of course, as always, there were dishes to unload.
And some fun to have with the camera.  Check out these classically Ada faces.
and at the end of this rainy day, when Ada is still painting, she has appropriately announced that tonight she is Sarah, artist Sarah.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

love those last pictures especially! what precious faces. It looks like ya'll had a great rainy day!

Mary said...

What a great rainy day! I don't think I could have survived the preschool years without those watercolors!! : )