Thursday, July 21, 2011

Birthday Preparations

Ada will soon turn four, and party plans are in full swing around here.

We will be partying in pink princess style, and I have been searching the internet for days trying to gather ideas for cute, and even more importantly, inexpensive, decorating ideas.  And I stumbled onto this tutorial from Martha Stewart.

So, today, Ada, John, and I headed to Hobby Lobby for some bright pink tissue paper and wire (plus lots of pink tulle).  And look what I made this afternoon during John's nap...

I'm pleased with how it turned out, and I think it will add a nice touch to the party decor.  Thanks, Martha!!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I LOVE IT! You'll have to tell me how you did it!

Amy said...

Oh my goodness, that is so awesome! I think I might steal the idea for David's bday. I can't decide what to do about a party- where we live isn't large enough for a party and I don't want to spend to have it somewhere, ahhh!

Margaret said...

Great Job! I love how those look and almost made them for Simms' party {off the martha site as well} but chickened out! and by the way- I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your mom's blog. I love how she documents the past so well with pictures!

Katie said...

I love these poms! I made life 6 for my bulletin boards in my classroom and also for Lily's baby shower. They are so much fun and will last a while too! Before pulling the fan apart, cut the edges at an angle (like a triangle on top) and it will really give you the look you are going for. It is tedious but everyone will compliment you on them! They are awesome!!! Martha Stewart has a great tutorial on her page that really helps perfect the look!

Katie said...

I obviously did not read your post before commenting! I just got excited when I saw the tissue poms!!! You already know about the tutorial! hee hee