Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Still in Alabama

First of all, thanks for all of the encouraging comments.

I will continue to update you as we move forward in this "find a new job" process.  Other than the obvious prayer of quickly finding a new job, we are also asking God for wisdom and direction.  To be more specific, I am mostly begging God for wisdom and direction.

Anyway, 


I am in Scottsboro trying to be a help with Abigail and her siblings.  In the mean time Scott is in Crossville with our two kiddos, so that they can visit with Mae Mae and Pop, and so that my hands are free so that I am able to be a help rather than a burden.

It's been a treat, though, because at the end of the day while mom stays at Ann's to help through the night and in the early morning hours, I return to mom's house, sans kids, where I am able to enjoy an evening free of responsibility and a full night's sleep with no little people waking me up early in the morning.  My crew will return tomorrow.

So, with this evening free time, I am about to begin reading The Help, which I am super excited about.

I also went by Unclaimed Baggage today--Scottsboro's claim to fame--where I bought Same Kind of Different as Me and Cynthia Heald's Becoming a Woman of Excellence.  Any time that I happen to be in a car by myself driving through Scottsboro (which is rare), I feel 17 again.  Will I eternally feel 17 in my hometown?  Maybe so.  Everywhere I turn this town is haunted with memories.

Well, I am off to read, alone, in a quiet house.  This is my Heaven.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

ENJOY THE BREAK.

Laura Forman said...

Totally know what you mean about feeling 17...I feel the same way! :)

shannon said...

Many things to comment on - first, have read all three books you mentioned. Did you sleep last night or did you read The Help all night long?:) 2nd, is the job search limited to the ATL area? 3rd, I feel the same way about driving around my hometown. ugh. 4th, did you know they're making a movie about same kind of different as me? I could go on...maybe I should have sent an email:-)

Mary said...

YES, I second Jessica's "ENJOY THE BREAK". Those days (better yet, nights) come few and far between, as you well know! ; ) I hadn't heard of any of your books so I looked them up on amazon...I'm especially curious how you like "SAme Kind of Different.." It got a rave review from Tim Challies. ( I know that sounds cheesy...Tim & I don't go "way back" but I usually respect his opinions and he gives good book reviews!) Have fun!