Thursday, July 14, 2011

Exactly What I Needed to Read Tonight

I have had an emotionally hard day.  Just being honest, I basically am tired of life feeling hard.  (I say feeling because I know that my life really isn't hard).  I told the Lord tonight that I am ready for some relief, for this hard season to end.  I am done.  As if it's up to me.

And then, I had to do my nightly prayer at Ada's bed time.  It was hard for me to even know what to pray because all I could think to pray was, get us out of this situation.  So, instead, I reminded the Lord that he promises that he will be my strength, and I needed that strength tonight.

Then, I came downstairs, the kids in bed, and I pulled up my google reader.  I found this article on the GirlTalk blog, and I decided to click on the link to read the entire article.

It was so worth it.  The words of this article gave me the strength I needed to keep on keeping on.

And it's weird because my "down" day wasn't about motherhood exactly, but more about the circumstances in which I am having to mother.  But still, the idea of laying down all of my ideas about my life really hit home.  I have been fighting the Lord all day because I don't want to lay down my life.  But that's exactly what the gospel commands us to do.

It's crazy how the truth of who God is always brings peace.  Always.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Wow. That sure does remind me of the importance of the role I am about to take on AND of how much of God's grace I'm going to need to do it that way!

zoe said...

thanks for posting. it was great to read.

i have been reading your blog for awhile now and really enjoy it. not sure if i have ever commented or not. but i always enjoy your posts.