Friday, July 22, 2011

More Birthday Inspiration

Here is the look I am going for on the cheap







Source: hostessblog.com via Laura on Pinterest

So far, I am thinking a white sheet on the dining room table as a table cloth, my homemade-what do you call them?--poofy things, and bright pink tulle tied around the backs of the girls' chairs.  There will also be plenty of pink and white balloons because Ada goes crazy over balloons (as does John, and well every kid I've ever known).  I will probably also use a little tulle on the fire place and maybe around the entrance to the dining room.  Ada has requested that we decorate everything.  And I do mean everything.  She is saying things like, "don't forget to decorate the bathrooms and the computers and the oven."  I mean, I can't even imagine the picture that she has in her head and the let down that she is going to feel on party day;)  No, really, I am working hard to make it special, but in moderation.  This will set the tone for parties to come, after all.  

1 comment:

rhodes1 said...

Looks like it's going to be beautiful!