Saturday, February 21, 2009

Because it is high time for an Ada update

I am wishing I was a bit closer to family tonight. It is hard for me to know that little Andrew is growing everyday, and I continue to sit here in McDonough. It was easier for me not to think about it when New Mexico was a plane flight away, but something in me wants to get in the car and head to Alabama. Because I can't do that, however, and because I know that my family members are probably thinking, "we don't care about the stinkin' coupons," I am going to do a little Ada updating.

Scott and I were saying tonight that this may be our favorite age. Ada is in a very cute stage, or at least we think so:) She is also in the clingiest stage yet. I can't cook dinner without her wrapping herself around my legs and crying very loudly. I have gotten to where I just let her cry and cling because I have to cook dinner. She wants me in her sight at ALL TIMES. I feel loved and smothered all at the same time;)
What is she up to these days...hmmm...

she will repeat most anything that we say and has some signature words--cookie, melmo (for elmo), nummy (yummy), appy (apple), diapy (diaper, something about the y at the end), olie-olie-olie (said really fast meaning she wants to listen to or sing Holy, Holy, Holy), ca ca (cracker, which she asks for all the time), mamen (for amen, said at the end of bedtime prayers), wa wa (waffle), Jeeshus (Jesus), bow, and I could keep going, but I won't. In other words, she's saying a lot these days.
She has a great sense of humor, and a bad temper. I have a feeling the twos are going to be rather terrible because she can already throw a tantrum with the best of them. When she is angry she has this urge to hit something. It used to be me, but after going to time out enough times, she now will hit an inanimate object to get the aggression out. Also, when upset enough, she cries so hard that she holds her breath, and we have to tell her to breathe. She is very, very curious, and has no sense of fear at all, which causes her to get into some rather precarious situations. I don't know what this means for the years ahead--yikes.
She loves, loves, loves music of all kinds, and she has to have it on in the car. Her favorite songs right now are the ABC song, Holy, Holy, Holy, If You're Happy and You Know It, The Itsy Bitsy Spider (she does all of the motions), and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. She likes to dance in her own free style way, and when you combine her dance moves with her wild and crazy hair, she seems to be quite the free spirit.
She has her first little friend, Ruth, who is Tutti's daughter. I like to think of her as Ada's first BFF;) We spend a lot of time with the McCormick kiddos, and I sense that Ada prefers a house full of people.
What else do I think the extended family on both sides might be dying to know....
She's still our little peanut, weighing in at only 20.5 pounds. Her energy never stops, so I suspect that the second food touches her lips, she burns it off, and that's why she can't seem to put on the weight. She just zips around the house quick as can be, and sometimes just runs laps around the kitchen/dining room/family room. She truly is a delight, though an exhausting one, and we are so thankful that God has allowed us to be parents. What an undeserving gift.

10 comments:

Amanda said...

love the Ada post. And I loved to get to witness the olie, olie, olie and laps around the house first hand. She is very spunky and adorable! Lindsay and Alison (a girl in Lisa's wedding which you may remember from the shower) came up to Huntsville to hang out with Lisa and I. Lisa will leave for DC soon to be with Jason so we just got together for that and Lindsay hadn't been to our house yet. I wish you had been in Scottsboro this weekend.

Ann said...

This is too funny. All of it. Especially the one where she is in the bowl. I would love to know exactly what is going on to lead to a screaming Ada in a bowl. I can also picture her hitting an inatimate (sp?) object.

Mary Ann said...

The pictures are too cute. Thanks so much for posting them. I wish I had copies of every one of them. I want to see her in person so badly.

Love y'all,
Mary Ann

Jessica said...

great pictures! I really love the first one and the one with her and Ruth! so cute!

rhodes1 said...

I'm very happy for the Ada update! She looks adorable :)

Brysmommy, Kenswifey said...

She's adorable Laura Beth! I know exactly how you feel about being away from family..it is hard from time to time, but God always shows up and lets me know we are exactly where we should be for now..and that unexpected blessing that was forseen by Him..shows up! My mom is always saying..go somewhere on the weekends..b/c she is afraid Brylee is bored and gets tired of us LOL..she does like a lot of company too, but I am also glad we get to spend the majority of it and loving our baby girl! Hang in there! and by the way..terrible twos were nothing!!! Until the end and into the 3's..much better now as we are nearing 4! Love her red hair!!!!

The Murphrees said...

I completely understand about being away from family. I know we are supposed to be in Huntsville and I am so thankful for the quality time Kyle and I have but I really wish we were closer to family. Just about everyone in my family has a baby or is pregnant which makes it even worse to be away. Hopefully, you will find some close friends soon.

Ashley said...

I see a peek of Ada's shirt that I made for her in the pick with her BFF! :)

Katie B said...

beautiful :)

Hollen said...

Oh how cute!! I love olie olie olie..that is too cute. :) I also like the picture of her in the bowl. LOL Ada is very, very cute. :)
Hollen