Thursday, February 5, 2009

What Today Looked Like

Let me show you how our day went down.

We were both feeling the need to do this all day long.Which obviously was not an option. It did mean, however, that it was an early nap day. And early nap days usually end up going a bit like this...

Ada woke up from her nap at 11:45 am (yes, woke up), and she immediately began to whine--the reason she went down for the nap in the first place. I knew what she wanted because it's a mother's job to learn her child's language--the grunts and garbled words and points and such. So, I realized she was wanting some spaghettios, which I didn't want her to eat. I thought that she wasn't really hungry because she had eaten a lot before her nap, and I wanted to hold off for something a bit healthier. However, her crying and whining and the value of my sanity won me over, and I began to fix her pasta. As she continues to fuss, I hurry just to prevent the headache I felt coming on, and what do you know, I slice my finger on the can. And I do mean slice. It hurt so stinkin' bad. I sort of wanted to cry, ya'll. So it starts to bleed, a lot. And Ada is still fussing. So I quickly get her in her booster seat, strap her in, and, against my better judgement, sit the spaghettios in front of her, while I run to doctor my finger. And here is what happened next.


Okay, so at this point, I snatched her up, and we headed straight for the bath tub. (My finger was tightly wrapped in a bandaid and no longer bleeding, in case you were wondering).


I also managed to take a shower, and once we were both clean our perspective on life was much rosier.


And things began to look more like this. And this is by far our favorite way to spend the afternoon.

4 comments:

julie said...

ada is getting so big! i was just thinking today that matt and i need to plan another trip to mcdonough soon :) we'll be in touch!

Milla said...

This is TOO funny! You crack me up! I love love love the pictures of Ada with her hair all messy and her lunch on her face. Priceless! And, I'm glad the day ended better than it started! :)

Hollen said...

How cute!!! :)
Hollen

Lindsay said...

My favorite is the one where she's sitting thoughtfully and so sophisticated yet has food all over her face!